Army gives up ACUs...AF next?

Started by Stonewall, June 25, 2012, 03:02:10 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: bosshawk on July 12, 2012, 05:59:38 AM
Just to throw some gasoline on the fire, saw on Military.Com today that the Army has decided to go to Multicam of some sort.  Got the impression that it hadn't been officially announced, but that the decision had been made.

Now watch the AF chase that one.
You know that can't be true.....if it were then those loosing proposals....will sue the heck out of the Army!  I just went through a DoD contract rebid......this ain't no joke.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Quote from: Eclipse on July 12, 2012, 06:36:12 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on July 12, 2012, 06:27:30 AM
No the ABU will be around for a little while longer.

FTFY

There is no little while about it.  Unless someone has a solid source saying otherwise outside of meer gossip or speculation there is no little while about it.

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 12, 2012, 06:58:51 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 12, 2012, 06:36:12 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on July 12, 2012, 06:27:30 AM
No the ABU will be around for a little while longer.

FTFY

There is no little while about it.  Unless someone has a solid source saying otherwise outside of meer gossip or speculation there is no little while about it.

Everything in the human condition is a "little while" when considered in the scale of geologic time, so

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

I'm just repeating what I read on a valid website that usually is correct in their reporting.  Go to Military.Com and read it for yourself.

Out.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

abdsp51

Been there they are not affiliated with the DOD in any capacity and per senior AF leadership the ABU is not going anywhere anytime soon.  Any uniform changes per CSAF has been put on hold until other things are dealt with.  So please show me an official memo saying the ABU is being canned.

bosshawk

Don't some of you guys ever read a post before you jump to conclusions?  I simply repeated what I read on the Internet about the ACUs, not ever mentioning the ABUs.  Now the thread is jumping over to the AF uniforms.

Next time, I'll simply keep it to myself.  We have nearly as many experts on CT as we have members.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

abdsp51

Quote from: bosshawk on July 12, 2012, 05:59:38 AM
Now watch the AF chase that one.

Your words at the end of the military.com post.  You alluded the AF is going to follow suit, all I asked for was a solid, reliable but above all official source. 

PHall

Paul, you know was well as I do that Military.com is not exactly a "trusted source".
That's like telling your Commander he's wrong about something because the Army Times said something different.

bosshawk

I simply made the comment because I was getting tired of hearing all the stuff about the ABU and the ACU.  I read it in an unofficial website that is usually spot on and I quoted the site: I didn't make up a [darn]ed thing, except my comment about the AF jumping on the rumor and that was tongue in cheek.  I will now go back to my contented retirement and watch some of the nonsense that is posted on CT.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777