Flying commercial in CAP uniform

Started by DrJbdm, May 06, 2010, 04:02:18 AM

DrJbdm

Quote from: Dracosbane on May 30, 2010, 07:21:58 PM
I do hope that people realized I was being facetious (if serious too) about my travel plans should I ever attend NESA.

For those of you who don't understand what I meant, NESA is held at Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center, just outside Edinburgh, IN. 

I live a 20 minute or so drive away from Camp Atterbury.  Which means that I can drive to and from not only well within the one hour rule, but if I wanted to, I could drive home and sleep in my bed and eat with my family during the activity.

And just in case the "some people just love to wear the uniform" comment was directed at me, now you know why I would wear the uniform while traveling to NESA.  I am one of the lucky ones who wouldn't have to spend countless hours traveling to the event.  In fact, I'm probably one of a couple dozen who have that short of, if not a shorter drive to NESA.  Which is why I chose NESA as my example.  If I were to travel outside of my wing for an event, my travel plans would be a lot different.

But hey, if you want to hear your medals clang while you're mowing your lawn, have at it.  Just make sure your cummerbund is right side up.   ;D

Na, the comment was not about you, I wasn't speaking negative about anyone.

Hey there's some benefits to mowing the lawn in Mess Dress ....(just not many).

* You finally get some value out of that expensive bling bling blue suit
* You will be very well known in your neighborhood, EVERYONE will be talking about you...or whispering about you everytime they see you!
* You will without a doubt be the best dressed lawn mower in your city, perhaps even in your state!

OK, on the otherhand, I think I will just leave the Mess Dress in the closet until the next Wing conference or other formal event... Cruise Ship formal night anyone?  ;D

vmstan

I move that 39-1 be amended to specifically authorize the wearing of Mess Dress while mowing the lawn.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

RiverAux

You can do that now if you're mowing the lawn at your local CAP building - which would count as a CAP activity in my book.

Cecil DP

Quote from: Marshalus on May 31, 2010, 03:23:17 PM
I move that 39-1 be amended to specifically authorize the wearing of Mess Dress while mowing the lawn.
Quote from: RiverAux on May 31, 2010, 04:12:22 PM
You can do that now if you're mowing the lawn at your local CAP building - which would count as a CAP activity in my book.

By the time you've finished the front lawn, the MDU would be green and permenantly unwearable.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

RiverAux

I didn't say it would be smart, just that it could probably be done within regulations. 

DrJbdm

Just think of the looks you would get mowing the yard at the CAP building in Mess Dress, now if your unit is located on an active duty AF base, man, you would be the talk of the base....EVERYONE would know who CAP was then!!  ;D  >:D

Ok, maybe that isn't the best way to get noticed on base!