Main Menu

AFIADL13

Started by davidsinn, June 27, 2008, 09:55:53 PM

davidsinn

How does one go about requesting and taking the test? The only AF installation in my state is Grissom ARB but it's only an hour for me so I'd be more than willing to make that drive. Can it be done at the unit level? My commander and I both need it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

arajca

AFIADL 13 can be taken at the unit. The AF Test Center requirement only applies to AF PD Courses susch as SOS, ACSC, AWC, etc, not CAP specific courses.

davidsinn

Cool so how do I go about getting it?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

Quote from: davidsinn on June 27, 2008, 10:04:31 PM
Cool so how do I go about getting it?

Talk to your unit Test Control Officer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

She doesn't know that's why I'm asking here.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RiverAux

Oh boy, thats almost too easy to comment on....

Seriously though, there should have been instructions when the packet came in.

Tubacap

THere wouldn't be a test packet in if it wasn't ordered yet.  Go to the NHQ PD page and find the AFIADL procedures.  Requesting the test is done through the Customer Support Website at AFIADL.

It took me an arm and a leg to make sure it was delivered to my TCO, but it finally got there.  Make sure you track it down, and inform everyone in the world that it is on its way. 

I kept the email back confirming that the test was sent.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

davidsinn

Ok I have the packet but don't remember the test instructions. I'll check here in a couple of minutes. I'll run thru the afiadl site shortly too.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

Also, it normally goes to the wing first, and then is forwarded to the unit.

See CAPR 50-4 for further info.

Also, are you saying that you currently have the test packet in your possession? That's a HUGE NO-NO!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on June 27, 2008, 10:57:26 PM

Also, are you saying that you currently have the test packet in your possession? That's a HUGE NO-NO!

Yes it is. What I have is the curriculum packet. I need to get to the test so I can make captain in a year.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Tubacap

Is this the packet that has the books in it?  If so you have the practice test. 
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

SarDragon

OK, then you must have the fat package with the four modules and some other long forgotten extras. There are VREs in there that you need to complete before taking the real test, which is handled separately.

Said test is ordered according the instructions posted above.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Capt Rivera

http://www.ndcap.org/dept/profdev.htm

go there for detailed instructions on ordering courses and tests. Just make sure you use the correct shred code so that it goes to your wing and NOT ND Wing.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DogCollar

I'm getting ready to take the test in a couple of weeks.  For those of you who have taken it, how close is the test to the End-of-Unit exercises?  Is it all multiple choice?  Do I need a No. 2 pencil?
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

arajca

1. If you can do the End-of-Unit exercises without peeking, you'll pass.
2. It is multiple guess, coin flippers, and some matching, IIRC. Mostly multiple guess.
3. Yes. You use a bubble form.

Hint: Circle your answers on the test itself before filling in the answer sheet. If your answer sheet goes MIA, your PDO can request a new one and fill it in using the answers you circled on the test. You do not get a second bite at the test if your answer sheet goes MIA.

mikeylikey

Quote from: arajca on July 25, 2008, 01:38:11 PM
Hint: Circle your answers on the test itself before filling in the answer sheet. If your answer sheet goes MIA, your PDO can request a new one and fill it in using the answers you circled on the test. You do not get a second bite at the test if your answer sheet goes MIA.

Best advice on this whole thread. 
What's up monkeys?

TankerT

Not a good suggestion.  If you request a new test, they send a different version.  (There are several versions of this exam.)

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

arajca

Quote from: TankerT on July 25, 2008, 02:50:08 PM

Not a good suggestion.  If you request a new test, they send a different version.  (There are several versions of this exam.)
It's not for requesting a new test, it's for requesting a replacement ANSWER sheet, if the original gets lost in the mail. If you fail the test, a new, different one is automatically sent out with a new answer sheet.

TankerT

Quote from: arajca on July 25, 2008, 03:28:21 PM
It's not for requesting a new test, it's for requesting a replacement ANSWER sheet, if the original gets lost in the mail. If you fail the test, a new, different one is automatically sent out with a new answer sheet.

That is what I was referring to.

The exam should not be kept once taken.  Thus, they send you a new exam packet.

arajca

Quote from: TankerT on July 25, 2008, 03:37:47 PM
Quote from: arajca on July 25, 2008, 03:28:21 PM

That is what I was referring to.

The exam should not be kept once taken.  Thus, they send you a new exam packet.
The TCO holds on to the test until the member gets the results back. Then the TCO destroys the test and nots that on the test inventory log.

TankerT

Quote from: arajca on July 25, 2008, 04:03:19 PM
The TCO holds on to the test until the member gets the results back. Then the TCO destroys the test and nots that on the test inventory log.

That's what it does say, but that's not what happened to us recently when dealing with AFDIAL.

Maybe we just got some new guy we were dealing with.

(Just filling out a new sheet does make more sense... not going to argue with that...)