Seeking "new old stock" insignia

Started by NIN, December 12, 2019, 06:45:31 PM

NIN

I know this is a long shot considering the audience, but ...

I haven't been a fan of the recent production examples of our grade insignia from our main supplier.  The quality and the fidelity to "prior, correct insignia" has been ... lacking, IMHO.  Older insignia, dating to The Bookstore days, was in my mind the "more correct" insignia (esp. shoulder marks).

If anybody has any "new" or "used" old stock should marks (or, long shot, mess dress shoulder boards) with colonel insignia, let me know.  I'll pay a fair price for used insignia plus shipping. :)

NIN
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Holding Pattern

If you are using this to force vanguard to increase the quality of their merchandise on that front, I bet a lot of people will send them gratis.

I'll ask my more tenured members what they have in stock.

GZCP31

I know I can see many differences in patches especially from what the "Bookstore" did and what VG is sending out. One example is the "Airplane" ES patch. I have one from 25 Years ago that is new/old stock, VG is almost 1/2 inch longer and the colors are incorrect.  Same with other items that are poorly done.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

NIN

*bump*

Just a reminder, in case anybody has some shoulder marks they're willing to divest themselves of.

I'm having to modify the shoulder marks to make them fit. NVM the obvious quality issues.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.