Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Eclipse

Why does it take 3 years to remove a patch?  30 days from approval ought to be plenty.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 08:53:03 PM
Why does it take 3 years to remove a patch?  30 days from approval ought to be plenty.

Maybe that will tie into the ABU transition?

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 08:53:03 PM
Don't know but, in addition to those already mentioned, it seems the ARCHER patch should be retired at this point as well.

Also, clarification is needed on the wear of a unit patch on the right shoulder of the USAF-style flight suit.  The statement at the end of 8.2.4.5 seems to be in conflict with Attachment 4 it references: 

Quote8.2.4.5 Right Sleeve. An authorized patch contained as outlined in Attachment 4 regulation may be worn, except organizational patches for groups, squadrons or flights are not approved for wear.

Attachment 4 indicates allow of unit patches on the right sleeve of the flight suit.

Allowing for wear of the unit patch makes complete sense but clarification between the two is needed.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Panache

5.2.1.3.1.1 - "When wearing the blue BDU cap, officers will wear metal, or embroidered rank insignia on dark blue cloth, centered ½ inch above the visor. "
--
6.2.12.2 - "Officers will center rank on the front of the [blue BDU] cap.  Officers and cadet officers will wear embroidered grade insignia on dark blue material."   

These two sections seem to contradict each other slightly, in so much that 5.2.1.3.1.1 said SM officers can wear metal pin-on rank insignia on the Blue BDU cap, and 6.2.12.2 implies they can't.

For the record, this is a non-issue for me personally, since I'm in PAWG.  Orange ballcaps for everyone!

ranviper

Quote from: Walkman on December 31, 2013, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: Panache on December 31, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
Blue BDU - Black undershirt now required.

And the photo shows a white shirt...

None of the photos are final yet. It will probably be replaced.

NIN

I got the impression that the photos were like the credits at the beginning of Monty Python's the Holy Grail. Completed at great expense, and at the last minute. ;)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Panache

Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 09:12:23 PM
I got the impression that the photos were like the credits at the beginning of Monty Python's the Holy Grail. Completed at great expense, and at the last minute. ;)

But where are the llamas?

NIN

Quote from: Panache on December 31, 2013, 09:14:09 PM
Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 09:12:23 PM

But where are the llamas?

With the møøse
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: 4fhoward on December 31, 2013, 06:35:15 PM
Any guesses how long this thread will end up being?

My guess is 22 pages.

By tomorrow at noon
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on December 31, 2013, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 06:28:52 PMThe lighting on the "new" photos is terrible, as expected when yo take pictures in a banquet hall.
Sigh. totally called it. Yellow hotel lighting just sucks. The blue is almost black. Cutting off heads is a good idea, puts the focus on what's supposed to be there.

Wow - I will accept that it's nit-picking since the they indicate in two different places the photos are being worked on,
but seriously, what they have is just terrible.

Bad posture, crooked insignia, crooked nametags,  inconsistent hand position, ill-fitting uniforms or without proper shirt under the jacket,
improperly placed insignia, bad gig lines, blurry.

Again, understood these are not the finals, and probably why they aren't done, but all of this needs to be addressed.

And this whole issue is completely unnecessary if they would use diagrams instead of photos.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Hydro packs, canteen belts, and similar prohibited from dress uniforms - pretty common at most encampments.

Patches done after approval have to meet USAF guidelines.

Guard ribbons not authorized.

"That Others May Zoom"

BillB

Since tomorrow is a holiday, does that mean the Draft ICL won't be out till Thursday

OK people that's a joke, don't flame me for it.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

CAPAPRN

Check out the section on headgear. States the Blue Beret should be worn with appropriate device UNLESS earned at Blue Beret, when it will be worn with Blue Beret patch. But, they are not listing this as a change or describing what uniforms it can be worn with. Why would anyone be wearing a Blue Beret who hasn't gone to blue beret???
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment

Eclipse

You can call the blazer anything you like, but it's not a "service uniform".

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: CAPAPRN on December 31, 2013, 09:30:54 PMWhy would anyone be wearing a Blue Beret who hasn't gone to blue beret???

We've got wings who think it's a good idea to wear a beret for GTMs.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

MBU still required for all members, short sleeve blues or aviator whites for all seniors.

Still the prohibition regarding mandating anything but blues for cadets unless issued.

Canonizes NESA MAS flight uniform (shorts).

HMRS grads can wear grade insignia on orange ball cap (why?).

Specifies white cord for NCC competition teams or acting as CG.

Still can't use bayonets (darn).

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Have to submit respective orders for military aviation badges (not just "I said so.")

Cadets can now short-stack to their highest achievement.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Looks like Sq CCs can't establish unit caps either.

Eclipse

Unit and Group CC badges still contain the incorrect MAJCOM and the HAP Arnold wings
which are no longer approved for CAP use.

Hopefully the aircrew wings are a "work in progress" "AC" in the center is kind of a Navy thing.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

"Cadets can now short-stack to their highest achievement"

Good thing, dang kids have more ribbons than the old guy.   

Just kidding, just kidding   ;D