Aerospace Education Testing

Started by NC Hokie, November 18, 2008, 04:02:54 PM

NC Hokie

Do cadets have to take the AE tests in order?  I ask because one of my cadets is having a hard time on one of the modules and I'd like to give her an opportunity to skip that module and work on another before she becomes discouraged and drops out of the program.

BTW, I know about mentoring and we've done that but she just doesn't "get" that particular module.  I'm hoping that moving past it will restore her confidence and ease some of the pressure she's been feeling about it.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

notaNCO forever

Unless they changed it no they don't have to take them in order

jimmydeanno

No, the cadets do not have to take them in order.

Quote from: 52-16
Aerospace. The primary goal of aerospace education in Phase I is to generate in cadets an enthusiasm for aviation, space, and technology. Cadets study fundamentals of aerospace through self-study and/or group-study. To complete Achievements 2 and 3, cadets must pass a test of their aerospace knowledge using CAP Test 61 (there is no test required for Achievement 1). These un-timed, multiple-choice tests are conducted closed-book. Each is based on one module of Aerospace Dimensions. Cadets may take the module tests in any order, passing a different test for each achievement. The passing score is 70%. After the cadet passes the test, he/she will correct it to 100%, open-book, by reviewing the questions missed, with the help of an aerospace mentor or a senior member. The cadet's CAPF 66 should indicate their original passing score. See CAP Test 61 for additional instructions on how to administer the tests.

Emphasis Mine
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NC Hokie

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks everyone!  I was pretty sure that was the case but couldn't find the appropriate reference in my 52-16.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy