Air Force Security Forces Familiarization Course

Started by C/CMSgt, June 25, 2012, 04:49:20 PM

C/CMSgt

Does anyone have the details on it this year? I looked everywhere on the internet and couldn't find if it was being hosted or not this year. I really want to apply but can't find the details. :/

Thanks in advance.

Stonewall

It may be a bit premature to provide any solid information, but I would imagine it'll mirror the timeframe and content of the last one.
Serving since 1987.

a2capt

..and with the last one having had a deadline of 31-August, they're running close to that now, for planning and such.  OTOH, with a limit of 13, it's not very hard to find that many who could qualify and be available I guess.

I don't think they announce each event as "we are -not- having it" this year, so.. I'd almost count this one out.

cadetesman

I have to say, this course looks awesome, as I want to be an officer in the Army MP Corps, and eventually become a civilian LEO, so this looks fantastic.

JK657

Quote from: cadetesman on June 25, 2012, 05:12:31 PM
I have to say, this course looks awesome, as I want to be an officer in the Army MP Corps, and eventually become a civilian LEO, so this looks fantastic.

I'm a 1LT Military Police Officer in the Army National Guard and a civilian police officer. If you have any questions about either feel free to PM me anytime

Stonewall

Quote from: JK657 on June 27, 2012, 07:09:22 AM
Quote from: cadetesman on June 25, 2012, 05:12:31 PM

I'm a 1LT Military Police Officer in the Army National Guard and a civilian police officer. If you have any questions about either feel free to PM me anytime

Likewise, I'm in the Air Guard in Security Forces, a former police officer, currently a security director in the private sector, and worked a couple other gigs carrying guns and/or following people.  If you have questions, PM me as well. 
Serving since 1987.

stillamarine

I play a police officer on tv......well not really but I have been on the First 48. :)
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

ol'fido

Yeah, you guys are the "before" and "during". I work with the "after". Dept of Corrections(hit my 20 yrs in Sep; 5 and change till retirement, I hope). 8)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

C/CMSgt

Alright... I guess this board will be turned off topic, but that's okay! If anyone hears anything about this activty, can you please PM me? I have ambitions to join the FBI when I grow up and really want to attend this activity. :)

SarDragon

I would point out the last line of the linked poster:

* USAF SFFC is currently not an approved NCSA and does not qualify participants for NCSA credit. Approval status is pending.

After looking here, and not seeing anything for 2012. I'm guessing that it's not going to happen this year.

Bookmark the link, and check it once in a while to see if it goes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret