Facebook recruiting box scores

Started by OldGuy, November 05, 2018, 02:44:24 AM

OldGuy

One year of FB ads for members - 3 new senior members and one new cadet. Over 40 prospective members gathered in as well.

Cost - zero.

etodd

How are you getting free ads?  Or are you just talking about regular posts on your page?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

OldGuy

Quote from: etodd on November 05, 2018, 03:10:24 AM
How are you getting free ads?  Or are you just talking about regular posts on your page?

Facebook jobs listings.

etodd

Quote from: OldGuy on November 05, 2018, 03:42:02 AM
Quote from: etodd on November 05, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

Facebook jobs listings.

Ahhh. Perfect.  :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

TheSkyHornet

We had a $20 (around that) credit given to us by Facebook for recruiting. Lots of hits from that.

Our Group CC was also kind enough earlier this year to put forth his own recruiting campaign by boosting our posts.

You have to hit the community on social media. It's a must.

Gunsotsu

And that's something to be proud of? 4 members for 365 days of work.

And people wonder why membership continues to dwindle.

THRAWN

Quote from: Gunsotsu on November 05, 2018, 03:54:34 PM

Well, to be fair, those 4 members DID replace 15 who left....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CFToaster

I've been newly assigned to Recruitment and Retention, and would love to see a sample of the ad you're running. I think this is a fascinating possibility!

SAREXinNY

I'll take 4 motivated members any day. Seriously, 4 good officers would be all I needed at any given time.

jeders

It's a lot better than 0 members. The average squadron has 24 members (according to TLC), making that a 16% increase; not bad if you ask me.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NIN

Dwindle?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

4 members over the course of a year neither validates nor invalidates the idea.

It's literally the same, and probably actually less on the cadet side, then typical happenstance
random people that connect to a squadron via word of mouth or similar connections.

I continue to assert that placing fake job ads to try and recruit people isn't pointing the
message at the right place.  People looking for jobs aren't generally looking for volunteer
opportunities, and vice versa, not to mention the "seriously?" factor when they
click all the way through.

If it works, whatever, but if you're going to get dirty in commercial media anyway, might as
well drop a few shekels and actually place real ads to a proper demo.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

$30 in advertising, lots of word of mouth, flyers, local media... 90-ish butts in seats, 23 new cadets & 6 seniors.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Gunsotsu

Quote from: NIN on November 06, 2018, 12:35:25 AM
$30 in advertising, lots of word of mouth, flyers, local media... 90-ish butts in seats, 23 new cadets & 6 seniors.

This. Spend some money and make some real gains.

OldGuy

Quote from: Eclipse on November 06, 2018, 12:07:48 AM

It's literally the same, and probably actually less on the cadet side, then typical happenstance
random people that connect to a squadron via word of mouth or similar connections.

I continue to assert that placing fake job ads to try and recruit people isn't pointing the
message at the right place.  People looking for jobs aren't generally looking for volunteer

If it works, whatever, but if you're going to get dirty in commercial media anyway, might as
Just got an email from #5. And we do the other things as well - this requires NO extra money, NO extra effort beyond the keyboard. As for your slander regards FAKE we do nothing that is FAKE. We advertise for VOLUNTEERS and we get them.

OldGuy

Quote from: THRAWN on November 05, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

Well, to be fair, those 4 members DID replace 15 who left....
Nope. We are growing. But thanks for joining in the negativity.

CAPCom

Quote from: OldGuy on November 06, 2018, 01:54:07 AM

Just got an email from #5. And we do the other things as well - this requires NO extra money, NO extra effort beyond the keyboard. As for your slander regards FAKE we do nothing that is FAKE. We advertise for VOLUNTEERS and we get them.

OldGuy, I think it's great.  And I may just do the same myself.  As to the negativity: some people just *have* to c**p all over the success of others.

Gunsotsu

eServices historical unit statistics for your unit say otherwise.

OldGuy

Quote from: Gunsotsu on November 06, 2018, 02:39:49 AM
eServices historical unit statistics for your unit say otherwise.
Short term swings happen, but overall we are growing - more pilots, and more seniors. We had a number of cadets age out, the next open house will reverse that short term trend.

OldGuy

Quote from: SCoonts on November 06, 2018, 02:35:39 AM
Quote from: OldGuy on November 06, 2018, 01:54:07 AM

OldGuy, I think it's great.  And I may just do the same myself.  As to the negativity: some people just *have* to c**p all over the success of others.
Yep. Part of the beauty of the site.