Well thats what i have to learn to earn cadet airman and curry. :-[
C/MSgt

jeders

Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2012, 08:53:14 PM
That doesn't even make joke sense.
Well thats what i have to learn to earn cadet airman and curry. :-[

Then someone's doing it wrong.

I have never heard of "panic buttons." I've had to memorize general knowledge stuff for inspections and to earn a squadron patch as a cadet. But if they're requiring you to learn that stuff in order to get your Curry, then they're in violation of regs.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Extremepredjudice

So they force you to learn jodies to become a C/Amn? Not really legal.

The only one I recognized of the ones you said was "she's fine"  which isn't actually its real name... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Wah_Diddy_Diddy
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Struts

??? Squadrons can not add requirements to get your Curry an achievement. First the hats now the jodies...

inactive123

Quote from: Cashboy on June 11, 2012, 09:03:51 PM
??? Squadrons can not add requirements to get your Curry an achievement. First the hats now the jodies...
It's not my desicion. Its there descision. They approve you and thats what you have to do. Then theres the reveiw board.
C/MSgt

jeders

Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 09:08:55 PM
It's not my desicion. Its there descision. They approve you and thats what you have to do. Then theres the reveiw board.

That's just it, it is NOT there decision. They can not add requirements for you to earn your achievements, period, end of story.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

inactive123

Quote from: jeders on June 11, 2012, 09:10:16 PM

That's just it, it is NOT there decision. They can not add requirements for you to earn your achievements, period, end of story.
So what do I do exactly?
C/MSgt

Struts

Unfortunately nothing really. I definitely would not go in and tell your flight sergeant that,"Some guys on the internet told me that you can't do this." I would get through it and then go from there. But on the encampment subject I would try attending one of the spring or winter ones. I went to a summer one myself, but the difference will be that it is only be a bit colder.

jeders

Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 09:11:20 PM

So what do I do exactly?

That's a good question.

One thing would be to, very respectfully, go to your Deputy Commander for Cadets and say something like, "I was reading through CAPR 52-16 (something that I highly recommend ever cadet do) and it doesn't say anything about doing memory work for promotions. What's up with that?"

While you're at it you might also say something like, "52-16 says that we're supposed to have a complete uniform before we get promoted. How can we have a complete uniform if we have to earn uniform parts?"

If your DCC is worth anything at all s/he will look at you and say, "Wow, you actually looked that stuff up Cadet Highspeed, good on you." And if they actually get it, they'll say, "You know what, we've been doing it wrong all along. Next week we'll start doing it right."

But before you do this, please go read 52-16.

inactive123

Quote from: jeders on June 11, 2012, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 09:11:20 PM

So what do I do exactly?

That's a good question.

One thing would be to, very respectfully, go to your Deputy Commander for Cadets and say something like, "I was reading through CAPR 52-16 (something that I highly recommend ever cadet do) and it doesn't say anything about doing memory work for promotions. What's up with that?"

While you're at it you might also say something like, "52-16 says that we're supposed to have a complete uniform before we get promoted. How can we have a complete uniform if we have to earn uniform parts?"

If your DCC is worth anything at all s/he will look at you and say, "Wow, you actually looked that stuff up Cadet Highspeed, good on you." And if they actually get it, they'll say, "You know what, we've been doing it wrong all along. Next week we'll start doing it right."

But before you do this, please go read 52-16.
Once again, she is tough too and its been tradition for years and the way the squadrans organized...
C/MSgt

Struts

Do they do this for all promotions? Do they not allow you to test unless it is in this order?

inactive123

Quote from: Cashboy on June 11, 2012, 09:29:54 PM
Do they do this for all promotions? Do they not allow you to test unless it is in this order?
Yes, they do, and more senoir ranks include ES ect. I thought you could become a cadet lt after 1 1/2 years in. It takes them 3.
C/MSgt

Struts

:o  :o  :o  :o

Well this is interesting. Again units can not add requirements for achievements. Anybody else want to jump in on this and help cookies out?

a2capt

Who makes up this crud? 52-16 is a darn fine publication. it's got many years of solid foundation behind it, and mighty fine cadets have come out of the program along the way.

Hats, buttons, goofy sentences? Really?

I hate it when outsiders come into the unit and try to change things because they can't understand something that's being done along the way it's meant to be, but this kind of stuff?

Sounds like something needs to be started over. Period.

inactive123

Quote from: a2capt on June 11, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Who makes up this crud? 52-16 is a darn fine publication. it's got many years of solid foundation behind it, and mighty fine cadets have come out of the program along the way.

I hate it when outsiders come into the unit and try to change things because they can't understand something that's being done along the way it's meant to be, but this kind of stuff?

But what do I do?
8)
C/MSgt

Struts

Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 10:15:56 PM

But what do I do?
8)

Try to get through this and get as far as you can even with all of these illegal additives. Get back into CAP after you move and hopefully it will be better there. How many years do you think you will be able to put into the program?

inactive123

Quote from: Cashboy on June 11, 2012, 10:25:08 PM
Quote from: Cadetcookies on June 11, 2012, 10:15:56 PM

But what do I do?
8)

Try to get through this and get as far as you can even with all of these illegal additives. Get back into CAP after you move and hopefully it will be better there. How many years do you think you will be able to put into the program?
Joined at age 12... as long as possible or till military service.
C/MSgt

Eclipse

It sounds like you and your parents should arm yourselves with knowledge from 52-16, and then go and have a chat with your Wing CC or the IG.

If it is as you characterize it, that's unacceptable, and inappropriately delaying promotions, which in turn is likely impacting retention.

I heard something today that rings true..."Delay is the deadliest form of denial."

"That Others May Zoom"

inactive123

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2012, 10:40:31 PM
It sounds like you and your parents should arm yourselves with knowledge from 52-16, and then go and have a chat with your Wing CC or the IG.

If it is as you characterize it, that's unacceptable, and inappropriately delaying promotions, which in turn is likely impacting retention.

I heard something today that rings true..."Delay is the deadliest form of denial."
My parents sort of agree to the squadran, only because my dad went to CGA and says I volunteered for it and if I quit I would  not any  good for military officership in my opinion. I really dont know what to do.
C/MSgt