CAP Learn To Lead Audio Books

Started by Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.), January 07, 2022, 01:58:26 pm

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Learn To Lead Audio Files

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 14, 2022, 02:00:09 pm

Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.)

In 2015 I recorded several of the Cadet Learn to Lead Books (Chapters 1-5). I am not sure of the usage or download data but I am looking at doing a couple of more Chapters. Any thoughts or opinions on this idea?

Here is the link for the current Audio Files.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/library/l2l
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992 GANG: 1996-1998 CAP:2000-Current USCGA:2018-Current

Capmonkey

I know that, at one point, the NCAC was working on this topic! For those that learn better listening than reading, I think this would be a good idea!



Eclipse

This is a nice effort, but I'd suggest upgrading your microphone and setting up a proper
quiet podcasting closet or similar.

There's a lot of ambient noise.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

January 07, 2022, 09:14:15 pm #3 Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:18:57 pm by TheSkyHornet
Okay, I get it. It's an audio version of the actual text (line by line). It's monotone. It's dry.

Maybe get a few cadets to record it?

Ned

We are grateful for your efforts in recording LtL chapters for our cadets.  They have undoubtedly helped many cadets to progress in the program.  We are pleased to continue to make them available on the website.

NHQ has entered into a contract with a vendor to create high-quality audio versions of our texts that will be accessible to all.  I'll need to check to see when they will be received and released.

I also want to thank the NCAC for their efforts to help us identify vendors and formats for the project.  Their help was invaluable.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.)

January 08, 2022, 01:36:15 pm #5 Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:45:21 pm by Strategic Organizational Safety (S.O.S.)
Quote from: Eclipse on January 07, 2022, 06:58:09 pmThis is a nice effort, but I'd suggest upgrading your microphone and setting up a proper
quiet podcasting closet or similar.

There's a lot of ambient noise.

True: it was a long time ago with older equipment. I have newer stuff and a sound booth.

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 07, 2022, 09:14:15 pmOkay, I get it. It's an audio version of the actual text (line by line). It's monotone. It's dry.

Maybe get a few cadets to record it?

True and it was my first project.
Quote from: Ned on January 08, 2022, 12:21:45 amWe are grateful for your efforts in recording LtL chapters for our cadets.  They have undoubtedly helped many cadets to progress in the program.  We are pleased to continue to make them available on the website.

NHQ has entered into a contract with a vendor to create high-quality audio versions of our texts that will be accessible to all.  I'll need to check to see when they will be received and released.

I also want to thank the NCAC for their efforts to help us identify vendors and formats for the project.  Their help was invaluable.

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

Well, that answers that. Glad to know they are working on it.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992 GANG: 1996-1998 CAP:2000-Current USCGA:2018-Current