Cool Air Show Pics of Cadets

Started by LtCol White, May 01, 2007, 02:45:57 AM

RiverAux

Sorry, this is what you started off the thread with:
QuoteLets start showing off some cool pics of your cadets at airshows. These are great for recruiting pamphlets and websites.
So, you are advocating the use of photos posted here for public affairs purposes and if the people pictured are not in proper uniform they should not be used for that purpose.  So, you left it open to discuss these issues. 

LtCol White

Quote from: RiverAux on May 03, 2007, 12:13:48 AM
Sorry, this is what you started off the thread with:
QuoteLets start showing off some cool pics of your cadets at airshows. These are great for recruiting pamphlets and websites.
So, you are advocating the use of photos posted here for public affairs purposes and if the people pictured are not in proper uniform they should not be used for that purpose.  So, you left it open to discuss these issues. 

I know what I said when I started the thread, thank you. Of course, not ALL photos can be used for one reason or another.  I never said to ONLY submit perfect photos. Folks could pick and choose any photos they wanted (with permission of the poster) to be used for recruiting. The point of the thread is to "show off cool pics of your cadets at airshows" and that some are useful. Those with errors are just fun to see for what they are. As DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Eagle400

Quote from: LtCol White on May 03, 2007, 12:31:51 AMAs DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.

This seems to be the latest trend from National Headquarters.  Just look at the CAPM 39-1!  And they're not very good photoshop edits, either.

Photoshop is a wonderful thing, and the end product looks wonderful... IF you're an expert at it!

LtCol White

Quote from: 12211985 on May 03, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on May 03, 2007, 12:31:51 AMAs DNALL said, some errors can be photoshop cleaned up to make them useful. eg..adding name strips where they are missing.

This seems to be the latest trend from National Headquarters.  Just look at the CAPM 39-1!  And they're not very good photoshop edits, either.

Photoshop is a wonderful thing, and the end product looks wonderful... IF you're an expert at it!

Exactly. It has to be done right. And of course, its easier when the alterations made are minor..like adding a small name tape.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

fyrfitrmedic

Kee-ripes - I thought the nitpicking on fire/EMS magazine forums and in the letters-to-the-editor columns were bad.

If half the effort some put into nitpicking got put into something a bit more constructive... think of the dividends!
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

LtCol White

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on May 03, 2007, 03:24:47 AM
Kee-ripes - I thought the nitpicking on fire/EMS magazine forums and in the letters-to-the-editor columns were bad.

If half the effort some put into nitpicking got put into something a bit more constructive... think of the dividends!

THANK YOU!!!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG