Permission Slips

Started by arajca, April 06, 2007, 03:05:22 AM

arajca

Does anyone have a CAP permission slip already developed they'd be willing to share?

RiverAux

I need to get my parent's signature in order to give it to you...  >:D

arajca

Quote from: RiverAux on April 06, 2007, 03:15:41 AM
I need to get my parent's signature in order to give it to you...  >:D
You ain't learned to forge that one yet?

Stonewall

What kind of permission slip?  I've got an ES one that I give to parents which allows them to choose when/if their cadet can be called out on missions.

For example:
24/7
Weekends (fri thru sun night)
School holidays

And so on.

Don't have anything like a generic permission slip.  Just ES specifc.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

That's what I'm looking for. Thank you.

DNall

Quote from: Stonewall on April 06, 2007, 04:01:04 AM
What kind of permission slip?  I've got an ES one that I give to parents which allows them to choose when/if their cadet can be called out on missions
That's not a bad idea as a way to interface w/ parents before cadets begin ES training. However if you're just trying to get an availability then that's on eServices. Of course that would be the cadet, not the parent, filling it out.

Far as generic. That's what a Fm9 is for. It's a broad hold harmless agreement that also grants permission to fly, but isn't focused on that. When I feel the need to use permission slips I staple a memo describing the activity to those & send them home with cadets. No need reinventing the wheel.

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on April 06, 2007, 04:47:13 AM
That's what I'm looking for. Thank you.

No problem.  That used to be an old NY Wing form, which back in the late 90's, disappeared.  A few years ago, when I was at Syracuse Composite, I developed that form from old copies of the NY Wing one I had in my cadet files.  So the legalese was borrowed from a Wing form; doesn't mean it's perfect, but better than me making it up.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

In MAWG we have Authorization for Consent forms for cadets under 18.  Kind of like what Mike has, but strictly for medical treatment... Permission slips would be separate, if used.
Mike Johnston

NIN

We use a modified form of the CAPF 60 that incorporates the verbiage of the CAPF 31 (releases, etc) and medical information on the back.

I just had a conversation with my Wing Vice Commander and he asked me about permission slips and the requirement for them in CAPR 52-10 for things like Orientation Flights and the like.  Sure enough, its in there (last paragraph).  As a "suggestion."  I am loathe to require written permission slips for things like color guard practices and staff meetings ("Outside of the normal meetings"), since we then wind with reams of fairly useless paper...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Lancer

Quote from: NIN on April 09, 2007, 12:43:24 PM
We use a modified form of the CAPF 60 that incorporates the verbiage of the CAPF 31 (releases, etc) and medical information on the back.

I just had a conversation with my Wing Vice Commander and he asked me about permission slips and the requirement for them in CAPR 52-10 for things like Orientation Flights and the like.  Sure enough, its in there (last paragraph).  As a "suggestion."

Earlier this year when our squadron participated in orientation flights with a neighboring squadron, my unit commander was under the impression that our cadets needed to use a CAPF 9, as a release and permission slip. I had read before that the CAPF 9 was not necessary. We went back and forth for a bit on that requirement since the cadet membership form acts as the 'release'.

Here's the link.
https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ops/dot/school/CAPF5_Course/oral.htm

Quote from: NIN on April 09, 2007, 12:43:24 PM
I am loathe to require written permission slips for things like color guard practices and staff meetings ("Outside of the normal meetings"), since we then wind with reams of fairly useless paper...

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, for activities like drill and color guard practices that occur on a regular basis, a permission slip is a bit much. Special activities, such as O Flights, trips to museums, competitions, etc. Such as when driving a distance in a COV or members POV to a location other than your normal meeting location would be more than appropriate for requiring permission slips.

NIN

I tend to look at it like this:

Are we going out of town?  Permission slip required.
It it overnight? Permission slip required.

Holding a color guard practice at home-station? No.
Marching in the local parade? No
Going to the air museum two states away for the day? Yes.

Parents already sign a release with the CAPF 15 for orientation flying.

I just looked at the new CAPF 15, and honestly, I think the parental release section is *weaker* than it used to be:

"This application has my approval. I understand that my child may be flying in CAP aircraft and participating in vigorous outdoor activities. I agree to help support my child?s efforts to attend official Civil Air Patrol functions and activities.  I understand that if my child receives a free uniform and withdraws from the program during the first year that I assume responsibility for this uniform on behalf of my minor child.  For information on how CAP supports parents see cap.gov/parents.  I understand if my child receives a free uniform and withdraws from the program during the first year that I assume responsibility for this uniform on behalf of my minor child and the uniform must be returned or replaced."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

brasda91

Quote from: DNall on April 06, 2007, 06:54:12 AM
Far as generic. That's what a Fm9 is for. It's a broad hold harmless agreement that also grants permission to fly, but isn't focused on that.

CAPF 9 is specifically for flights, not a generic form.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011