Getting a "Great Start"

Started by NIN, March 09, 2007, 03:40:22 PM

DNall

There's a "great start" guide for adults that they send out to new members now. There's a thread about iot here if you search & I'm sure you can find the linl on NHQ. It's a little different though. It talks about how to get settled in the PD program & functional in a unit. It doesn't really address recruiting. It's an okay publication, but I saw a one hour version at an SLS that was freakin great. There's other great start guide from NHQ as well. One for new DCPs, one for Sqs, a few others I think, and some in development. It's kind of the thing to fall back on when there's no continuity binder or competetn & active supervisor mentoring you thru the process.

SAR-EMT1

Unfortunately such items WOULD be of use in my unit, as there are only 3 active seniors, including myself.
We recently had two new 'prospects' show up and we just want to do the absolute best to insure that these guys dont lose interest in a month or two, but can grow into the organization and thrive.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

DNall

NHQ has a search button & so does this forum. Otherwise you should run that conversation in another thread. I think this one is important to stay pretty well on topic.

NIN

*bump*

I took this nifty photo tonight. These are the "squadron issue" items going to our new basic cadets. This is a small plastic box (with a nifty name label.. my LGS is very industrious) containing: a BDU cap, a BDU belt, BDU nametags, wing patch, collar insignia, squadron patch, flight cap device, blues name tag and boot blousers.

Everything they need (sans the boots) to make their BDUs "whole", and all the stuff (save shoes) to make their blues "whole."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.