Switch in Focus of the Cadet Program

Started by mikeylikey, February 08, 2007, 03:29:20 PM

Guardrail

Quote from: Pylon on February 09, 2007, 04:03:29 AM
Quote from: Guardrail on February 09, 2007, 01:33:42 AM
Great point, sir.  I now like your TIG idea the best.  I, too agree that TIG for all ranks up to C/SSgt should be done away with.  I would propose this to the wing CAC... I think they'll look at it seriously.  

Uh, wouldn't it usually be members of CAP who propose this to the CAC?  Especially since they're supposed to represent the opinions of the cadets in the Wing?

Yes, sir.  What I meant to say was, "If I were Capt Harris, I'd propose it to the wing CAC."

DNall

Quote from: Guardrail on February 09, 2007, 05:45:48 AM
Yes, sir.  What I meant to say was, "If I were Capt Harris, I'd propose it to the wing CAC."
Now Capt Harris not being a cadet & not being in charge of a CAC that I know of might find that hard to do. CAC is for cadets to propose their ideas, just like a 1Sgt taking care of the enlisted folk. If you can convince one of them of something & they take the idea up & talk everyone else into it, then fine, but otherwise adults should send theirs thru an adult route.

Anyway, I still like the age requirement to go up so you can control the advancement rate of younger cadets but older ones can run thru it a bit faster to get to their maturity level.

ZigZag911

Quote from: DNall on February 09, 2007, 06:24:15 AM
Quote from: Guardrail on February 09, 2007, 05:45:48 AM
Now Capt Harris not being a cadet & not being in charge of a CAC that I know of might find that hard to do. CAC is for cadets to propose their ideas, just like a 1Sgt taking care of the enlisted folk. If you can convince one of them of something & they take the idea up & talk everyone else into it, then fine, but otherwise adults should send theirs thru an adult route.

Anyway, I still like the age requirement to go up so you can control the advancement rate of younger cadets but older ones can run thru it a bit faster to get to their maturity level.

I know of no reg forbidding Capt Harris from sharing an idea with one or more CAC reps, as long as it is stated as such, no hint of 'command influence'!

Guardrail

Quote from: DNall on February 09, 2007, 06:24:15 AMAnyway, I still like the age requirement to go up so you can control the advancement rate of younger cadets but older ones can run thru it a bit faster to get to their maturity level.

Yes, but don't you think that eliminating TIG for all the ranks in phase I, making TIG for phase II 1 month/achievement, and keeping everything else the same would be easier to implement?

DNall

No it's simpler to have standardized time in grade & just limit advancement by age. That way everyone is earning the same thing. You don't get to jump ahead cause you joined late. That's not really fair. You should still have to work your way thru the program just liek everyopne else, and that includes serving time in those grades cycling thru developmental positions in the unit. If a new 160 is pissed off he's facing a 13yo girl SSgt, you need to give him a humility check & tell him to learn his stuff & earn his advancements just like she has.

Quote from: ZigZag911 on February 09, 2007, 09:15:14 PMI know of no reg forbidding Capt Harris from sharing an idea with one or more CAC reps, as long as it is stated as such, no hint of 'command influence'!
True & I've done it, may do it again, but it's not the most ethical way to do things.

MIKE

Quote from: Guardrail on February 09, 2007, 11:01:32 PM
Yes, but don't you think that eliminating TIG for all the ranks in phase I, making TIG for phase II 1 month/achievement, and keeping everything else the same would be easier to implement?

No, 'cause then you will have cadets basically just testing every week so they can promote within the month.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: ZigZag911 on February 09, 2007, 09:15:14 PMI know of no reg forbidding Capt Harris from sharing an idea with one or more CAC reps, as long as it is stated as such, no hint of 'command influence'!

I thought Cap'n Harris was my counterpart in NV Wing as Wing CAC Senior Advisor? I don't see a problem, either.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040