official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Brad

Well, time to toss my flightcap into the ring I guess. Bit of an oddball here myself, only about 3 weeks into CAP, but I have a lot of elsewhere experience. I did NJROTC during my high school days, 2000-2004, ultimately ended up as Battalion XO as a C/LCDR. From there I looked first to NROTC at the University of South Carolina. About a month or so in, I made a stupid mistake and quit the whole program just because of a really messed up exhibition drill practice at 0700 the Saturday before classes were going to start. (Hey, gimme a break, I had just survived a slew of USMC DI's going at me when right on its heels comes my Freshman Year) Anyways, found out later that I was medically disqualified anyways, so there goes that idea. So USC didn't work out so well for me; no real professors at the lower level classes left me wondering, "Huh?" and I didn't do so hot. Moved back home, and now I'm looking at a December 2008 graduation with a BS in Political Science with a concentration in Criminal Justice, and a minor in Sociology. I'm wanting to go into Law Enforcement, probably something local for starters, then hopefully up to Federal work.

CAP, again, is still both a new and old hat to me. I'm very familiar with cadet programs, obviously, and I've been reading regs religiously (yay alliteration) ever since I got this crazy idea in my head. I'm wanting to pick up my Specialty Track in Cadet Programs, since I'm quite comfortable with that. The DCC though thinks I'd be a great Aerospace Education Officer, since I have a good chunk of aviation knowledge under my hat. (Flight Sim pays off for once, hah! Well that and VATSIM) I gave a lecture on VOR and ADF the other week for example, and next week we're going on an outing to the local VOR station. In the meantime though, I'm waiting on my paperwork to come back, bleh...plus we're all waiting to see about our new Squadron Commander, as our current one resigned last week due to family medical issues.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

capgirl92

Hi. I am new to Cap Talk. I have been in CAP for about two years. I love CAP.
C/2nd Lt. Kruse
Wright Brothers # 7182
Mitchell # 56702

MIKE

Welcome to the party... What have you brought to share with us?  :)
Mike Johnston

denicecl

OK here goes>>>>>

Yes I am new here, I am a senior member in San Angelo TX023 Squadron. I just wanted to take a look around here and see what all we can learn.

We just got us an awesome forum up and running and were looking for others to join in with us as well to help us learn.

The best way to learn is by watching and listening to others and we feel that the more the merrier, so if you want to take a look here is the link>>>

http://sanangelocap.org/forum/index.php

Thanks and I look forward to meeting new Friends here.
1Lt Denice Lansford
Asst. DCC TX023

Sargent

Newby here...  Conroe ASF, Conroe, TX!

Pylon

Quote from: Sargent on November 06, 2007, 04:38:40 PM
Newby here...  Conroe ASF, Conroe, TX!

Welcome!  There's a fair share of TXWG folks on the board.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Harry Moose

New to CAPTalk, and thought I'd let everyone know I'm here!

flyguy06

I flew up to Ashville from ATL a few months ago. I flew in our flying club's Piper Seneca. It was a great site up there

flyguy06

Quote from: Brad on October 25, 2007, 11:19:32 PM
Well, time to toss my flightcap into the ring I guess. Bit of an oddball here myself, only about 3 weeks into CAP, but I have a lot of elsewhere experience. I did NJROTC during my high school days, 2000-2004, ultimately ended up as Battalion XO as a C/LCDR. From there I looked first to NROTC at the University of South Carolina. About a month or so in, I made a stupid mistake and quit the whole program just because of a really messed up exhibition drill practice at 0700 the Saturday before classes were going to start. (Hey, gimme a break, I had just survived a slew of USMC DI's going at me when right on its heels comes my Freshman Year) Anyways, found out later that I was medically disqualified anyways, so there goes that idea. So USC didn't work out so well for me; no real professors at the lower level classes left me wondering, "Huh?" and I didn't do so hot. Moved back home, and now I'm looking at a December 2008 graduation with a BS in Political Science with a concentration in Criminal Justice, and a minor in Sociology. I'm wanting to go into Law Enforcement, probably something local for starters, then hopefully up to Federal work.

CAP, again, is still both a new and old hat to me. I'm very familiar with cadet programs, obviously, and I've been reading regs religiously (yay alliteration) ever since I got this crazy idea in my head. I'm wanting to pick up my Specialty Track in Cadet Programs, since I'm quite comfortable with that. The DCC though thinks I'd be a great Aerospace Education Officer, since I have a good chunk of aviation knowledge under my hat. (Flight Sim pays off for once, hah! Well that and VATSIM) I gave a lecture on VOR and ADF the other week for example, and next week we're going on an outing to the local VOR station. In the meantime though, I'm waiting on my paperwork to come back, bleh...plus we're all waiting to see about our new Squadron Commander, as our current one resigned last week due to family medical issues.

What part of SC do you live in? I tell young Senior Members thatused to be cadets to actually do something other than cadet programs. It is sometimes hard for former cadets to realize they are Senior Members now. They cant quite seem to seperate themselves from the cadets and they want to do cadet things. So , my advice to former cadets is to do something outside of cadet programs and come back to CP once they get comfprtable with the idea of being a Senior member

iniedrauer

So...hello.  I've been a member here for several days now-and...so...Hi! 8)

Texas Wing Baby! ;D

RogueLeader

Welcome to CapTalk.

OKWG is better. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oorah
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

iniedrauer

Pylon

Regardless of which Wing you may be from, welcome.  :)

capkrazy

Hi, just found out about CAP TALK.  Joine CAP in 2005

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: capkrazy on December 26, 2007, 10:40:39 PM
Hi, just found out about CAP TALK.  Joine CAP in 2005
Hope you enjoy your time here on CapTalk.

And in CAP as well . . . . ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

tjaxe

Hi.  My name is Tracey and I just joined CAP last night after researching it for the last month or so.  I'm super-excited about it and can't wait to learn about ES and also to volunteer my IT (a.k.a. techno-geek) skills. I've been following many of the threads on here recently and I look forward to chatting with you.  :D

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

Pylon

Quote from: tjaxe on January 04, 2008, 03:45:04 PM
Hi.  My name is Tracey and I just joined CAP last night after researching it for the last month or so.  I'm super-excited about it and can't wait to learn about ES and also to volunteer my IT (a.k.a. techno-geek) skills. I've been following many of the threads on here recently and I look forward to chatting with you.  :D

Well, you'll find plenty to talk about here. ;)   Feel free to ask any and all questions too.  :)

Welcome Tracey!

Stonewall

Quote from: Pylon on January 04, 2008, 03:52:13 PM;) 

Stop flirting.  Just cuz she's hot, doesn't mean you can start winking.

Check out the pic....

Serving since 1987.

tjaxe

I should add a red blush to the pic now!   :)

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160