official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

PHall

Quote from: chimera388 on April 25, 2014, 03:28:27 AM
Former cadet/senior member getting back on board. Just got my membership confirmed yesterday, and will be starting Ground Team training in Antelope Valley, CA very soon. Hoping to start an Edwards AFB ground team in the next 6 months or so. Previous work in AZWG, COWG, and NDWG (by proxy). Currently active duty, 412th EWG.

Be prepared to be disappointed if you are really set on doing Ground Team in CAWG. Now a UDF Team? That might actually get used.

SpectreHog

Hello all.

I heard about CAP Talk at encampment and thought it would be interesting to check out the forum. I liked it and decided to join. I am a cadet member and I joined CAP in November 2013.
C/Airman David Wilson

tht1gurlflightsarg

well maybe unicorns do have special powers. i mean. everybody thinks were JROTC anyway. so why wait until christmas? but of course we ALL know that when a bird loves a bee. they make magical love. then i was like. uhhhh that was needed info...
Eat your veggies. drink your milk. dont do drugs. look both ways before crossing.

Have a nice day.

Garibaldi

Quote from: SpectreHog on May 05, 2014, 12:51:57 AM
Hello all.

I heard about CAP Talk at encampment and thought it would be interesting to check out the forum. I liked it and decided to join. I am a cadet member and I joined CAP in November 2013.

Hi, and welcome.

First of all, develop a thick skin. The insults and arguments fly fast and hard here.
Second, don't ever use this as the single source for all your CAP knowledge. While we are knowledgeable about CAP in general, policy is NOT made here. Trust but verify.
Third, and most important, remember that ALL CAP members have access to this board. Even our National Commander reads it, so think carefully before posting, answering, and getting involved in some of the "discussions" you see here.
Fourth, please use your proper grammar and English skills here. Not that you haven't, but it'll save you some grief later on.

Have fun!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

India Twelve

I have browsed the forum a couple times, I just got into CAP as a Senior Member in a new start-up (April 2014) composite squadron in Beaufort, SC (MER SC-115).  Former Marine MP and current police detective, I'm looking to make whatever positive impact I can with the cadets and have fun doing it with my oldest son, who is a cadet in the squadron.  I feel like I'm way behind the curve, a lot of people in the squadron have had years in CAP in other locations and also been active duty Air Force.  I am in the Cadet Programs and DDR track and so far I'm really having a good time. 

lordmonar

Quote from: India Twelve on May 31, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
I have browsed the forum a couple times, I just got into CAP as a Senior Member in a new start-up (April 2014) composite squadron in Beaufort, SC (MER SC-115).  Former Marine MP and current police detective, I'm looking to make whatever positive impact I can with the cadets and have fun doing it with my oldest son, who is a cadet in the squadron.  I feel like I'm way behind the curve, a lot of people in the squadron have had years in CAP in other locations and also been active duty Air Force.  I am in the Cadet Programs and DDR track and so far I'm really having a good time.
Welcome
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Checotah

I'm new to CAPTalk, but not to CAP.  I posted a couple of comments and rec'd suggestion I introduce myself here.

Joined in 1980, have held every position in my local unit (Composite Sqn) except Chaplain, Legal, Medical, and Communications.  Served as Sqn CC, Vice Commander at Group level, Operations at Wing, previous Mission Pilot, MP Instructor/Examiner, Mission Coordinator & Mission Controller (back when we had them, along with the dinosaurs), hold Finance Master rating, Cadet Programs Senior rating, used to have ES Master rating.  Have been relatively inactive last 8 years, recently got fresh medical, am working on returning to active flight status and requalifying as MP. 

A lot of things have changed since I was active, not all for the better apparently, but I am still an avid supporter of the program and it's positive impact on the community and the youth of the community.  Please bear with me as I come back up to speed, and accept my comments for what they are worth, antiquated as they may be at times.

It's good to be back, even though at times I feel a bit like Valentine Michael Smith.... look it up, youngsters......
Fred Arnett
Lt. Col., CAP

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SemperVig

Hello all.

Former Ohio Wing cadet here, 1985-1989 (approximately). Never advanced beyond C/A1C. But I've always been proud of my time in CAP and have considered joining a senior squadron if they'd have me.

I'm once again in uniformed civilian service, as a licensed security officer, and I'm a father of two, who have 10-12 more years until they are eligible to even think of joining CAP.

Simplex

Welcome! We're always looking for former cadets to return as seniors. Not to worry about your Cadet rank. You have some good years of experience to bring with you. Be safe out there in your occupation.

C/Cool

Quote from: tht1gurlflightsarg on May 28, 2014, 09:35:34 PM
well maybe unicorns do have special powers. i mean. everybody thinks were JROTC anyway. so why wait until christmas? but of course we ALL know that when a bird loves a bee. they make magical love. then i was like. uhhhh that was needed info...

Everybody know unicorns have super powers. For one the have the power of invisibility...   :)
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

BHWeaver

Greetings from St Louis.  I'm new to CAP.  My son and I joined just last month.  So far, it's been fun.

Garibaldi

Quote from: BHWeaver on July 31, 2014, 03:57:23 AM
Greetings from St Louis.  I'm new to CAP.  My son and I joined just last month.  So far, it's been fun.

Look for more fun, travel and adventure throughout your career. Welcome!

vesryn

Welp, just decided to become more active in this forum. Was cruising reddit, then decided to check this out again. Found Neumann, then decided that I was here to stay. Hello again all!
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

SeanMeister

So..I took the plunge. I'm officially a Senior Member! I'm so excited!

James Shaw

Quote from: SeanMeister on August 02, 2014, 03:14:01 AM
So..I took the plunge. I'm officially a Senior Member! I'm so excited!

Welcome to the darkside of the force.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Garibaldi

My cadet commander is leaving the position in 2 weeks and had papers in hand for the Dark Side when she left the meeting on Thursday.

TheTravelingAirman

Howdy, all. Just joined up here in SC. Wife puts paperwork in next meeting. Joining a small unit, but the Capt has a vision. Here's to hoping we make it happen!

Holding Pattern

I am here! Please tell me the verification box goes away after x number of posts.