official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

I-45

Hello everyone.

I was a senior member some time ago, and I am signing up again. I didn't get very far last time because of university and family health issues, but I'm looking at giving it an honest go this go around.

Alaric

Quote from: J2H on February 19, 2013, 02:55:28 PM
I attended my first meeting again since the early 90s.  Went well I think!

Say hi to everyone there for me, I used to be a member of Harford Squadron.  Is Jeff still Squadron Commander?

ClarkRL

Greetings. I'm a long time lurker on here but thought I'd say hey.

I spent a year or two in the late-90s as a cadet with Frederick Sq in MD, and rejoined as a senior member in 2011. After about a year absence due to the birth of my child, I'm now getting back into things.

go4spaatz

I'm here. Previous lurker, just joined.
C/Capt Anand, CAP
OHWG CAC Vice-Chair

"There are an estimated ∞² threads about ABUs on CAPTalk"

a2capt

LOL.. Welcome Lurkers on the Road to Recovery.  :)

Compared to the one that posted their first post in the Forum Support, that does not increase the post count.. and was shocked to see the term "Lurker". ;)

EOD_SGT

Hello everyone, T.O. here. I've been in CAP off and on for 18 years now, active duty for 13. I've known about CAP Talk for years, but honestly avoided it like the plague. Used to be pretty active on CadetStuff though, under the screenname Gunnermedic53. Hoping to do a little networking here, get into some fun discussions (or knock down, drag out debates, whatever), and generally waste a little more of my already limited free time, yuckin' it up about CAP!
T.O.

"An interesting life is one filled with controversial successes punctuated by occasional and spectacular failures."

Майор Хаткевич

EOD_SGT

Yep, that was me! I figured I might as well update my screen name to better reflect my current status, as I am no longer a gunner, nor a medic.  haha
T.O.

"An interesting life is one filled with controversial successes punctuated by occasional and spectacular failures."

DMinick

I just found this place thanks to another squadron! I can't wait to begin reading on here! I'm located in Oklahoma, so any more Okies here?

Debby Minick
Debby Minick, 1st Lt, CAP
Civil Air Patrol
United States Air Force Auxiliary
Personnel Officer, Administration Officer, Finance Officer
Stillwater Composite Squadron OK-103

RogueLeader

Quote from: EOD_SGT on September 01, 2013, 12:35:44 AM
Yep, that was me! I figured I might as well update my screen name to better reflect my current status, as I am no longer a gunner, nor a medic.  haha

Welcome. I too was a member in that unit when I was on Bragg. How are things there?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Pylon

Quote from: EOD_SGT on September 01, 2013, 12:35:44 AM

Welcome to the circus, T.O.!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

FlyTiger77

Quote from: DMinick on September 03, 2013, 01:33:45 PM
I just found this place thanks to another squadron! I can't wait to begin reading on here! I'm located in Oklahoma, so any more Okies here?

Debby Minick

Welcome and good luck!!!

I went to OK once. Well, twice, actually!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Garibaldi

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on September 06, 2013, 12:34:16 PM
Quote from: DMinick on September 03, 2013, 01:33:45 PM

Debby Minick

Welcome and good luck!!!

I went to OK once. Well, twice, actually!

Brother, I don't believe I'd'a told that...

Seriously, though, nothing wrong with Okies. Arkansas always needs someone to make them look better  ;)
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Flying Pig

Quote from: EOD_SGT on August 31, 2013, 09:28:07 PM
Hello everyone, T.O. here. I've been in CAP off and on for 18 years now, active duty for 13. I've known about CAP Talk for years, but honestly avoided it like the plague. Used to be pretty active on CadetStuff though, under the screenname Gunnermedic53. Hoping to do a little networking here, get into some fun discussions (or knock down, drag out debates, whatever), and generally waste a little more of my already limited free time, yuckin' it up about CAP!

Hey! Welcome back. 

NIN

Quote from: EOD_SGT on August 31, 2013, 09:28:07 PM

Troublemaker, this guy. He bears close watching.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ytaylor01

Aloha y'all!

I am super excited to have found this forum and have enjoyed reading various threads for the past couple hours.  My home is on the west side of the Island of Hawaii and I've been active in CAP since October 2011.  My son joined in August of 2011 and I quickly got sucked (oops, recruited) into the program!  The positions I hold are DDRO and PDO as well as support for Cadet Programs.   I look forward to learning a lot from everyone.

1 Lt Yvonne Taylor
1 Lt Yvonne S. Taylor
PDO, DDRO, Cadet Programs
Kona Composite Squadron
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Superfreak

Greetings from sunny FLORIDA!

I just joined the cadet program at 16, and wow I wish I had known about CAP sooner!

I'll enjoy reading this forum!

Peeka

Quote from: Superfreak on September 10, 2013, 06:29:26 PM
I'll enjoy reading this forum!

It's a trap! Run away...it is too late for me...  :o

a2capt

Superfreak

Welcome much appreciated!

And yes, that is my fave song.