official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Pylon

Quote from: Jolt on January 04, 2007, 10:37:43 PM
Hi.  I heard about CAP Talk from CadetStuff so I signed up.

Another recruit from the Stuff.  Nice.  :)

Welcome!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

sdcadet

I'm currently a C/CMSgt in SDWG. I've soloed at MNWG flight academy, and earned honor cadet for charlie flight at the 2006 NCR encampment. I really enjoy CAP and look forward to talking here.

Tony91

Greetings I just became an official member of CAP a few weeks ago and I started comming to meetings towards the end of november last year.
C/SSGT,

Pylon

Quote from: Tony91 on January 19, 2007, 06:26:22 PM
Greetings I just became an official member of CAP a few weeks ago and I started comming to meetings towards the end of november last year.

Welcome to CAPTalk (and welcome to Civil Air Patrol)!  If you ever have any questions about CAP or how things work, feel free to post away here.  We've got quite the collection of experienced CAP members with over several hundred years of combined experience and knowledge.   :)

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Tubacap

After posting, I realized I have never introduced myself.  My name is William Schlosser, and I have been in CAP for about 5 years now.  I have gone from very niave college student, to somewhat knowledgeable member.  My current staff position is Deputy Commander of Cadets for the Williamsport Composite Squadron in PAWG.  I am a Ground Team Leader and Mission observer working on AOBD.  In regular life I am a band director and play the tuba.   I am also going to be starting a squadron in Mansfield PA where I live so that I can spend more time with my newborn son (haven't got him wearing C/AB stripes yet, but I am working on it, with the wife's permission of course  :D)
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

PSutton

Greetings from the Texas Wing Director of Cadet Programs.  My background I was a cadet from 74-79 in Michigan, then I went in the AF for 4 years.  I rejoined Civil Air Patrol in 2001.  Life keeps me pretty busy but I will try and check in from time to time.
Phyllis Sutton, Maj, CAP
Texas Wing Director of Cadet Programs

stillamarine

Good day all!  Thought I would throw a quick intro out there before I started replying to posts.  The name's Tim and I'm a former cadet in the process of joining as a Senior Member with FL-424 in Pensacola, FL.  I was a cadet MANY years ago with Okinawa Cadet Squadron and Langley Composite Squadron.

I served on active duty and in the reserves with Marine Corps in a few jobs; doing a total of 10 years before finally seperating in 2005.

I sent in my app yesterday and just waiting for the word that's everything is good so I can start Lvl 1!

Well Anyways, look forward to posting with yall!

Semper Fi,

Tim
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: stillamarine on March 24, 2007, 12:15:00 AM
Good day all!  Thought I would throw a quick intro out there before I started replying to posts.  The name's Tim and I'm a former cadet in the process of joining as a Senior Member with FL-424 in Pensacola, FL.  I was a cadet MANY years ago with Okinawa Cadet Squadron and Langley Composite Squadron.

I served on active duty and in the reserves with Marine Corps in a few jobs; doing a total of 10 years before finally seperating in 2005.

I sent in my app yesterday and just waiting for the word that's everything is good so I can start Lvl 1!

Semper Fi,

Tim

Might you be the same stillamarine from Grunt's Military and Cadet Forums? 

Welcome to CAPTalk!

flyguy06

Quote from: stillamarine on March 24, 2007, 12:15:00 AM

Semper Fi,

Tim

Welcom. WHat is Fl-424? I still cant get usd to these numbers. I am used to people referring to the units b the name. Dont know wher ethis numbers thing came from.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 24, 2007, 03:07:21 AMWelcom. WHat is Fl-424? I still cant get usd to these numbers. I am used to people referring to the units b the name. Dont know wher ethis numbers thing came from.

It's the unit's charter number. The full charter number is region-wing-unit number; example SWR-TX-390 for Addison Eagles Composite Squadron, or simply shortened to TX-390. Much easier to refer to the unit number than the long, convoluted squadron name.

Way back in the olden days WDRTEAWIWAC (When Dinosaurs Roamed The Earth And When I Was A Cadet) the unit charter numbers were a two-digit numeral representing the wing, followed by the unit number. Back then Addison was 42390.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

stillamarine

Thanks for the welcome all!

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 24, 2007, 03:07:21 AM

Welcom. WHat is Fl-424? I still cant get usd to these numbers. I am used to people referring to the units b the name. Dont know wher ethis numbers thing came from.

Sorry about that! FL-424  is (I'm almost positive lol) Emerald Coast Senior Squadron in Pensacola, FL

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on March 24, 2007, 12:25:02 AM

Might you be the same stillamarine from Grunt's Military and Cadet Forums? 

Welcome to CAPTalk!

Yup that's me! Just adding to the many message boards I visit everyday!

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SAR-EMT1

Welcome. As an aside: my unit dropped its convoluted name and for the past several years we have very simply been the "328th Composite Squadron". We like it, its easier and more professional.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

LtCol White

Quote from: PSutton on March 02, 2007, 12:53:45 AM
Greetings from the Texas Wing Director of Cadet Programs.  My background I was a cadet from 74-79 in Michigan, then I went in the AF for 4 years.  I rejoined Civil Air Patrol in 2001.  Life keeps me pretty busy but I will try and check in from time to time.

Hey, welcome aboard!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

stillamarine

Recieved my CAPID # today!  Time to kick that Lvl 1 out!

USMC AD 1996-2001
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Pylon

Quote from: stillamarine on March 29, 2007, 05:25:33 AM
Recieved my CAPID # today!  Time to kick that Lvl 1 out!

Awesome.  Next thing you'll know, you'll have a specialty rating and being working on your Certificate of Proficiency.

Feel free to tap us here with any questions or even if looking for ideas and tips.  Lots of experience here.  Good luck knocking out Level I and welcome to the fold!  :)

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

Not sure if I posted here before, or not; but herre I am. :angel: ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340