Entering completion of ICS300/700/800 online

Started by Eclipse, November 20, 2008, 06:53:14 PM

Eclipse

I need to update ICS completion for a number of members (including myself), but for the life of me can't find where I'd do that.

I need to do it in both the WMU and eServices.

As a Commander, SET, and one of the state's "ES people" I should have the rights, assuming someone can point me to the the check boxes.

"That Others May Zoom"

D2SK

Operations qualifications> Emergency services> Multi person achievement> select the ICS course(s).  WMU will automatically update within a day or so.
Lighten up, Francis.

Camas

Quote from: D2SK on November 20, 2008, 06:56:52 PM
Operations qualifications> Emergency services> Multi person achievement> select the ICS course(s).  WMU will automatically update within a day or so.
To add to that, you want to be into the "Operations Qualifcations" link on the right side of the e-services homepage under "Restricted Applications". Make sure you have that showing; if not you need to check with your web security administrator. As a commander and ES officer you should have those permissions automatically granted to you.

Quote from: Eclipse on November 20, 2008, 06:53:14 PM
As a Commander, SET, and one of the state's "ES people" I should have the rights, assuming someone can point me to the the check boxes.
If you are serving in ES at the group or wing level then you'll want to be sure you have either group or wing permission. Otherwise you'll only be able to update members in your own unit. Hope this helps.

Eclipse

Beautiful, danke.  Worked as indicated, no problem.

Has anyone heard what's actually going to happen "turn in to a pumpkin-wise" on 01/01/09 for people who don't get the
requirement completed?

Is this going to be automatic, or another of these "no one noticed and he's been out of currency for 8 months..."?

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

My wing has been sending out weekly reports showing who still needs to complete an ICS course to keep their qualifications.  The list is getting smaller, so someone is noticing.  I know that I'm keeping tabs on what qualified members I have.

It should drop off their 101 cards, I would assume.  But I haven't seen any communication as to what actually happens or how it will show up/be apparant to us... :-\
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Short Field

There is a new report called "Missing NIMS Training" in eServices.  It is in the Operational Qualifications Module under Reports.  It lists each member's Ops Quals and shows if  they have met all the NIMS training required to keep the qualification.  What is neat is that it does it for each Ops Qual and is color coded. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Phil Hirons, Jr.

At the NER Conf STRATOPS meeting they announced that the NHQ IT people had the database code to remove ES Quals for missing NIMS set to run after the first of the year. Having seen the report described below, I believe it. 

Tick Tock people. ;)

RiverAux

Cool report.  Looks like my wing is going to lose about 50-75% of its ES capability if we don't get off the stick.  Even if we get the basic air and ground crews through the online courses, about 25-50% of our upper level base staff hasn't done 300. 

KyCAP

Must need to be in Wing OPS to have the report show up.

If the course isn't scheduled to be attended and if your state is like KY, then well.. It's slim chance in seeing one before the deadline.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Short Field

It must pop up for all ICs as well.  I also think you should be able to get it if for your squadron if your SQ/CC grants you permissions or you have a ES related job.
Wilson #2640

KyCAP

Nope.. or I am looking in wrong place.

IC2  here
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Mine shows all the members in my Group, and its a bloody red report, however having to deal with the WMU vs. eServices contest isn't making it any easier, because i know a lot of the red on this report has been entered on the WMU. 

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

I know a lot of people are stuck on the WMU, but when it comes to ES qualications, you really need to be entering them in the Operational Qualifications module in eServices.

I just checked my data in the WMU.  The only ICS course I had credit for was ICS 400.  I actually have 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800 (plus a couple of others CAP doesn't track).

My CAPF 101 showed the correct Ops Quals but did not list any of the ICS courses I had completed.  It also did not show if I was CD qualified.

Go with eServices and not the WMU whenever you have the option.  Duplicate functions are being phased out of the WMU.
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Quote from: Short Field on November 21, 2008, 04:52:45 AM
Go with eServices and not the WMU whenever you have the option. 

I agree, however currently my Wing is not afforded the option.

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

?  All e-services data is synched FROM e-services at 6AM each morning.  So, if the data is duplicative the data from e-services should overwrite WMU.   If you're having that kind of problem then email Pete Anderson and ask him who the person is from your wing that should be made aware of this issue. 
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Dutchboy

Quote from: Eclipse on November 20, 2008, 07:10:40 PM
Has anyone heard what's actually going to happen "turn in to a pumpkin-wise" on 01/01/09 for people who don't get the
requirement completed?[/i]?

I have heard about it, but where is the documentation for it found, I would like to get a copy of it.

Short Field

If you are talking about the requirement, this is the link to it.  As to how they intend to drop the ops quals in eServices, I don't know.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/2008_04_10_NIMS.pdf
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on November 21, 2008, 05:07:42 AM
?  All e-services data is synched FROM e-services at 6AM each morning.  So, if the data is duplicative the data from e-services should overwrite WMU.   If you're having that kind of problem then email Pete Anderson and ask him who the person is from your wing that should be made aware of this issue. 

Not all data is synced, and when its synced you lose history that my wing requires (ie sign-offs just say "MIMS").

Believe me I've been rolling the rock up the hill on this for a long time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

Quote from: Short Field on November 21, 2008, 04:24:13 AM
It must pop up for all ICs as well. 
Quote from: KyCAP on November 21, 2008, 04:26:28 AM
Nope.. or I am looking in wrong place. IC2  here
Go to "Operations Qualifications" under "restricted applications" and then to "reports".  In the dropdown menu go to "Missing NIMS Training". You should find what you're looking for there. As an IC you should have access to this permission.

RiverAux

I'm still predicting that we are on the verge of receiving a notice that the deadlines are going to be pushed back 6-12 months.  Especially now that this report is floating around and all the Wing Commanders see how badly off they are and start clamoring for more time. 

Short Field

CAP would push it back in a heatbeat - but it is a Department of Homeland Security requirement, not a CAP requirement.  The requirements were announced in April.  What makes you think people would pay any more attention to completing the courses with another 6 or 12 months to put off doing the courses?
Wilson #2640

RiverAux

The deadline CAP set doesn't have any specific relationship to a specific date set by anyone that CAP has to answer to.  If it does, please point out the specific document that requires it.  Yes, I'm familiar with all the DHS stuff, but there isn't a Dec. 31st drop-dead date facing all volunteer SAR or DR organizations.  At some point in the near future I'm positive such a date is out there, but I believe CAP has some leeway here.  Nevertheless, CAP set a terribly unrealistic deadline in the first place and a minimum 6-month extension is going to be necessary simply because getting all the mission staff through 300 and ICs through 400 was never going to be possible in the time frame they started with. 

The extra 6-12 months will be enough time to get all the people that want to stay in ES up-to-date.  However, even then I believe that we will lose 10-20% of our folks in ES because they will decide not to meet the new requirements.  I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, its just a fact based on what has happened in CG Aux. 

Eclipse

I would frankly not be surprised if the date is pushed, but considering I busted my...self... to get it done, wouldn't necessarily be begging for a change, either.

Everyone has known since at least April 2008 that 31 Dec 08 was CAP's deadline for internal compliance.

Yes, some people legitimately tried to work the logistics and just couldn't, that's part of the game, but many never gave it a thought or care, either.

Sometimes its takes the wake-up call of being sent home on a Saturday as "no longer qualified" to get people to realize CAP is serious.

No matter how many "additional 6 months" we give people, we're gonna lose a bunch.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

I could not find a DHS source that specifically directed CAP to be compliant by 31 Dec 08. 

However, I specifically asked John Desmarais if the deadlines might be slipped.  He stated they were not CAP's deadlines but Homeland Security's deadlines.  Agenda Item 3 of the Feb/Mar 08 National Board Minutes resulted in CAP becoming compliant by 31 Dec 08 and 31 Sept 09 (for ICS 400).

This page is from the Indiana Government website.  It looks like it summarizes NIMS requirements and tracks with what CAP is doing.
http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/NIMS_Training_guidelines_UD_3-10-08.pdf
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

IIRC, NIMS was / is the body setting the deadlines - with compliance tied to department funding in a lot of HLS grants - and they got pushed from Spring to Fall 2008 because so many departments had failed to act.

I believe our deadlines were based on those dates.

400 is not due for us until next September, and the numbers needing that are fairly small in the grand scheme. Its the 300 that is the issue because it effects so many lower-level supervisors.

I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't knock out 700 online, which is everyone in CAP involved in ES.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

To get back to the original post...

I was able to enter the data into eServices and it posted up immediately, and I entered the info into the free-form field on the ES specialties page in the WMU, however the ICS300 course completion did not come across in the data burp to populate the non-free form fields setup to show completion.

Also, the SQTR's do not reflect the new requirements (i.e. CUL shows IS 200 required but not 300), and none of them show 700/800 as required.

I'll have to spend some time on the phone with my Wings ESO on this.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

I am not too excited about the SQTRS not reflecting the new requirements because they are not required yet.  They will be required come 1/1/2009.  It then is a simple matter of adding the ICS task field to the SQTR page and populating it from the ICS achievement already entered.  Could be part of the code mentioned earlier. 

Besides, we already have SQTRS that do not identify all the requirements for an achievement.  That is why the validating and approving authorities need to know 60-3 and the appropriate task guide before validaing and approving achievements. 
Wilson #2640

Camas

Quote from: Eclipse on November 22, 2008, 06:22:44 AM
Also, the SQTR's do not reflect the new requirements (i.e. CUL shows IS 200 required but not 300), and none of them show 700/800 as required. I'll have to spend some time on the phone with my Wings ESO on this.

Have you tried to enter the IS-300 and other courses into the Single-Achievement module? It won't show on your SQTR card but the 101 card will show it once approved and that's what counts. Just a thought.

Eclipse

Quote from: Camas on November 22, 2008, 06:30:53 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 22, 2008, 06:22:44 AM
Also, the SQTR's do not reflect the new requirements (i.e. CUL shows IS 200 required but not 300), and none of them show 700/800 as required. I'll have to spend some time on the phone with my Wings ESO on this.

Have you tried to enter the IS-300 and other courses into the Single-Achievement module? It won't show on your SQTR card but the 101 card will show it once approved and that's what counts. Just a thought.

That's where I entered it and accepted no issue, however we are a WMU state and it is not coming down...

"That Others May Zoom"

KyCAP

I think that the FEMA requirement for these courses is SEPT 2009 for ICS-400.  Many of these requirements are NOT organizationally imposed only by CAP.   The City of Lexington KY is tracking these and mandating them for staff's performance reviews the best that I can tell.  These are required for funding levels and performance as an organization.

-- found these
http://www.fema.gov/pdf/emergency/nims/lepc_fs.pdf  Compliance Fact Sheet

http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=3192 FEMA 5 year training plan (started in March of 2004)

ICS 300 is a FEMA deadline by end of 2008, not NHQ, so I don't expect a "pushback" on the date.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Ricochet13

Quote from: RiverAux on November 22, 2008, 02:31:50 AM
I'm still predicting that we are on the verge of receiving a notice that the deadlines are going to be pushed back 6-12 months.  Especially now that this report is floating around and all the Wing Commanders see how badly off they are and start clamoring for more time. 

I sure hope if this is intended that someone makes a decision fast!!  I've got two members taking off time from work with no pay to complete the ICS-300 requirement before the end of the year.  Not going to be very good for motivation to lose pay and find out they could have had another year to complete this requirement.

sardak

The draft CAPR 60-3 sent out for review in February 08 required ALL NIMS training (including I-400) to be completed by 30 September 2008.  At the February NB meeting then-Col Chitwood moved that all courses except 400 be completed by 31 Dec 08.  400 would be completed by 30 Sep 2009.

This was amended by Col Miller to make everything except 400 required "by the Federal date, currently 31 December 2008" and 400 required by "the Federal date, currently 30 September 2009."  This allowed the CAP dates to slip if the Federal dates slipped. This passed and was reflected in the April ICL. 

The amendent was actually in error because the Federal completion date for I-300 was FY08 which ended 30 Sep 08.  Ignoring or not noticing this error, the April ICL specified 31 Dec 08 for 300, giving the organization three extra months.  And we're still having trouble meeting the date.  A date that had been established by DHS several years ago but which CAP ignored until February 2008 with the release of the draft 60-3.  DHS even moved the completion of I-300 from FY07 to FY08.

The documents specifying the 30 Sep 08 (FY08) completion date for I-300 are the FY2008 Compliance Package and FY2008 NIMS Compliance Objectives Chart found at

http://www.fema.gov/emergency/nims/whats_new.shtm

Mike

Short Field

Quote from: Camas on November 22, 2008, 06:30:53 PM

You need to use the SQTR Enty module in eServices and not the Single-Achievement module.  The Single-Achievement Module gives you credit for the achievement but does not show the specific task(s) was ever completed.  I mainly use the Single-Achievement module for renewals.
Wilson #2640

LoyalNine

this has already probably been asked and answered...  but I couldn't find it so here it goes:

I took the IS-100 and IS-200 courses and tests online.  I got a response and certificate immediately for the 100 course.  The 200 course said I passed (when I completed the test) but I never got the response yet via email with the PDF certificate of completion.  I did them on Friday - any idea how long it takes before I hear back??

EMT-83

It can take one or two business days to get a response. You should have it by tomorrow.

LoyalNine

Quote from: EMT-83 on November 25, 2008, 12:30:30 AM
It can take one or two business days to get a response. You should have it by tomorrow.

Excellent.  Thanks very much for the reply. 

Eclipse

Is FEMA still following up with snail-mail hardcopy certs?

Also, my IS-300 did eventually show  up in eServices, but has still not come over to the WMU (for me, or anyone else I approved).

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

FEMA will provide hardcopy certs if requested, but it can take as long as eight weeks.