AE Should Be It's Own Board

Started by A.Member, November 10, 2006, 04:17:49 AM

A.Member

Overall, good job.  Thanks for having this site.  However, I've got one suggestion...

CAP has 3 missions:  Operations, Cadet Programs, and Aerospace Education. 

These should be major boards with appropriate forums under them.  Currently, AE is listed as a forum under the Operations board.  This should be moved.

That's all I've got. :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Pylon

Quote from: A.Member on November 10, 2006, 04:17:49 AM
Overall, good job.  Thanks for having this site.  However, I've got one suggestion...

CAP has 3 missions:  Operations, Cadet Programs, and Aerospace Education. 

These should be major boards with appropriate forums under them.  Currently, AE is listed as a forum under the Operations board.  This should be moved.

That's all I've got. :)

We've created forum sections and boards, not necessarily in accordance with the way that Civil Air Patrol has structued our program (or rather, how Congress has structured CAP's program), but rather with the discussions on this board.  As people increasingly talk about a particular area of CAP, we've given the topic it's own forum.  If a topic were discussed enough to warrant a whole section, we would go right ahead and create it.

If you take a look, the Aerospace Education forum only has nine topics.  There is the opportunity to discuss Aerospace Education, but only 9 topics have arisen since the inception of CAPTalk a year and a half ago.   This is not in line with the amount of topics a major section of the board has.  If you look, General Discussion has 545 topics, Operations has 148, and Cadet Programs has 168.   If Aerospace Education had 100+ lively and engaged topics, I would certainly look at moving it to a major board.

Thanks for the suggestions and welcome to CAPTalk!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

A.Member

Thanks.  I was thinking that the Aerospace Ed and Flying Activites forums could be grouped in their own section together. 

Nonetheless, thanks for the site...and the welcome! :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Pylon

Quote from: A.Member on November 10, 2006, 03:03:37 PM
Thanks.  I was thinking that the Aerospace Ed and Flying Activites forums could be grouped in their own section together. 

Nonetheless, thanks for the site...and the welcome! :)

Keep discussing AE topics and we'll certainly take a look at bumping it up.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP