When will 2020 Flight Scholarships be released?

Started by BKW, March 05, 2020, 06:20:54 PM

BKW

Anyone know when 2020 scholarships will be announced? website says some time in march.

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

BKW

Quote from: jeders on March 05, 2020, 06:46:34 PM
Quote from: BKW on March 05, 2020, 06:20:54 PM...website says some time in march.

Well then, you have your answer.

Thanks for that. I'm a senior with limited finances, and need to pick back up on flight lessons soon. If scholarships are at the end of March I will have to begin now using personal funds. If it is soon I will be able to wait to start till a scholarship is received.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Senior Members can apply for those scholarships?

etodd

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on March 05, 2020, 07:09:44 PMSenior Members can apply for those scholarships?

Yes, but sure how many are given out.

Also, from what I've read these scholarships have to be used at a "school". Anyone training locally with the CAP plane and a Squadron CFI could not use the scholarship toward CAP plane rental.  :(
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

BKW

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on March 05, 2020, 07:09:44 PMSenior Members can apply for those scholarships?

My bad, senior in high school IE limited time before going to college and able to train as a cadet

jeders

I think he means a senior in either college or high school.

Quote from: BKW on March 05, 2020, 07:01:44 PM
Quote from: jeders on March 05, 2020, 06:46:34 PM
Quote from: BKW on March 05, 2020, 06:20:54 PM...website says some time in march.

Well then, you have your answer.

Thanks for that. I'm a senior with limited finances, and need to pick back up on flight lessons soon. If scholarships are at the end of March I will have to begin now using personal funds. If it is soon I will be able to wait to start till a scholarship is received.

Unfortunately, the only information anyone here can give you is what is publicly posted. Anything else would be uneducated guesses.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

BKW

for anyone else wondering, I just received the scholarship email today!