Cadet Staff Structure / Minimum Grades

Started by TheSkyHornet, October 28, 2019, 04:15:20 PM

Spam

I've responded to a whole bunch of requests... here's the substantive text from the document. The CACs intent was to provide a draft position description with example tasks and guidance for local units.

R/s,
Spam

CADET ADVISOR POSITION DESCRIPTION                  1 APR 2014
GA000 Order No:  14-01

1. The positon of Cadet Advisor (CA) is hereby formalized as a squadron staff position not reporting to the Squadron Cadet Commander, but to the Sqdn CO position (i.e. functionally at the same reporting hierarchy as a 216 code Cadet Programs officer, yet still subject to all other program requirements other than reporting to the Cadet Commander). The continued training and advancement of the CA will be directed and monitored by the CDC (Deputy Commander for Cadets).

2. The CA designation will be awarded to one or more senior cadets who have attained a level of high proficiency, maturity, and leadership. Typically, this position will be given to former Cadet Commanders or to those who have achieved special recognition within the Squadron.

3. Specific duties may include assistance to various departments:
a. DA in establishment and maintenance of training files and libraries and in support of   administrative authorizations and recognition paperwork (e.g. ribbons and decorations).
b. Recommendations to command regarding personnel selection and assignment (i.e. cadet command and staff assignments).
c. CP/CDC in monitoring of the cadet program to include reporting of problems and submission of plans and ideas to improve training operations.
d. CP/CDC in support of Cadet Competition team training and coordination and prep for Bradford Bowl and other Wing activities.
e. Guidance and mentoring of junior cadets (*this is an existing Phase 3-4 requirement).
f. Welcoming and advisement of new recruits to the unit.
g. DO/DOS in development and execution of cadet ES training elements to include training needs tracking, training planning and scheduling, records management, and after action analyses.
h. DO/DOS  in development and execution of a Sqdn or joint command FTX, or other training activities requiring coordination outside of the unit. This is aimed at providing experience at planning and organizing an activity in concert with other staff officers and units.
i. DO/DOS in acting as an action officer for scheduling and tracking of orientation flights, to include coordination with Group pilots/project officers.
j. Representation of the unit in Cadet Advisory Council (CAC) meetings and similar forums.
k. LG in preparation and issue of supply and uniform items.
l. PA support to the unit in documenting unit accomplishments as well as the internal and external PA missions (i.e. website inputs, photography, articles).

4. Cadets so designated as advisors may also hold additional duty assignments per CAPM 20-1, Organization of CAP, such as Cadet ES, Cadet Admin, or Cadet Supply Officer. These assignments are expected to be complimentary to their interests and their SDA requirements for promotion.

5. Questions regarding this policy may be addressed to the undersigned.

<signed>
Joe Bag O'Donuts, LTC, CAP, Commanding

TheSkyHornet

Is that something that needs to be incorporated into a regulation, or can it go as guidance/best practice in the Cadet Staff Handbook for a post-Cadet Commander opportunity?