Main Menu

2008 National Conference

Started by Pylon, June 26, 2008, 03:37:25 PM

Maj Ballard

That's what they said at FLWG conference too, and lots of folks wore service dress to the banquet.

One issue they haven't addressed is that there is no "corporate semi-formal" for ladies. We can't just wear a bow tie. LOL
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

AlphaSigOU

True, though the ladies do have the advantage of wearing formal silly-vilian evening dresses...  ;D

Again, this is where things aren't thought through by the powers-that-be at CAP NHQ. Not sure if a black inverted V-tab (Army?) is available for wear.

Kinda wacky that the new AF-style semi-formal doesn't use a bow tie; just change the shirt to white.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

CAP Producer

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 23, 2008, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: CAP Producer on July 23, 2008, 05:18:29 PM
Quote from: LtCol Hooligan on July 23, 2008, 05:15:55 PM
Quote from: KyCAP on July 23, 2008, 05:25:47 AM
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/events/2007_cap_annual_conference/dress_code.cfm

I guess I am happy to see an attempt at being uniform at the National Board.  Yet, it's with the uniform I haven't spent any money on.. The CAP Service Uniform...

I know what you are saying but I have been to the last 4 boards and Service dress was worn by many people at the banquet.

Does anyone know if Service Coats will be acceptable for the banquet vs mess dress?  I am planning on attending the banquet and wanted to verify if I need to bring a suit with me or if I can wear my service coat.  I heard in the past, people wore service coats when they did not have a mess dress.

Erik,

They are absolutely welcome. That's what I and alot of other folks will be wearing.

Hope this helps.

Al.

That's not what the dress code says...

Mess dress, semi formal corporate service coat combination, or CAP blazer combination with plain white shirt and black bow tie by senior members, semiformal uniform by cadets, or appropriate civilian attire.

Mess Dress is the option for the AF style uniforms.
Corporate Semi-formal (TPU version of mess dress)
Blazer with bow tie
Appropriate civilian attire.

Sounds to me like they are making this a black tie affair. 
AL PABON, Major, CAP

James Shaw

I look forward to this one. I am glad they have done a few in this area and now they will be on the west coast for a few years. traveling to one that far is to expensive. I will be doing a History Seminar and holding the Charter meeting of the Medal of Valor Association.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Pylon

Quote from: Captain B on July 25, 2008, 11:09:15 AMOne issue they haven't addressed is that there is no "corporate semi-formal" for ladies. We can't just wear a bow tie. LOL

If it's being billed as a black-tie affair, I'd assume women not wearing the AF-style mess dress would wear civilian attire commensurate with what they'd wear to a civilian black tie affair.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Maj Ballard

Quote from: Pylon on July 28, 2008, 07:53:58 PM
Quote from: Captain B on July 25, 2008, 11:09:15 AMOne issue they haven't addressed is that there is no "corporate semi-formal" for ladies. We can't just wear a bow tie. LOL

If it's being billed as a black-tie affair, I'd assume women not wearing the AF-style mess dress would wear civilian attire commensurate with what they'd wear to a civilian black tie affair.

I know. That's what I wore to the FLWG banquet (evening gown). However, it still remains that nobody thought about a "corporate semi-formal" uniform for ladies, this banquet notwithstanding.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP