SER-MS-099 Eagle Composite Squadron
MS/AL Joint Encampment, Alpha Flight 2011
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Eclipse

Blinding someone is funny?

"That Others May Zoom"

ck4

It won't blind you. He saw it on "Surviving the cut:Ranger School" he barely put any in there it just freaked him out when he woke up he was back to normal in 10 minutes and even pulled his CQ.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Spaceman3750

Yes, because TV is a great place to learn your pranks from >:(.

If I was that kid with tobasco in his eyes (or his parents), I would have had someone's butt >:(. I know for me even if it didn't do any damage to my eyes it would trash a rather expensive pair of contacts and I don't exactly carry extras in case someone does something stupid to them.

ck4

I Still talk to the cadet it happened to on a regular basis and he never wanted revenge or his parents to do anything he thinks it was funny now. He doesn't wear contacts so no damage was done.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

ck4

It was a prank that could have gone very badly but ended up causing no harm so the people involved can now look back and laugh it wasn't funny at the moment, but it was months later looking back at our experiences together.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

SarDragon

Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 01:16:57 PM
I Still talk to the cadet it happened to on a regular basis and he never wanted revenge or his parents to do anything he thinks it was funny now. He doesn't wear contacts so no damage was done.

Rationalizing it still doesn't make it right.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ck4

No I did not mean that it was right for him to pull the prank but this is a thread for encampment stories so I told one.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Eclipse

Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 01:35:16 PM
It was a prank that could have gone very badly but ended up causing no harm so the people involved can now look back and laugh it wasn't funny at the moment, but it was months later looking back at our experiences together.

That young man would have been waiting for mom & dad to pick him up.

The fact that no one was permanently injured doesn't change the fact that it was uncalled for and unacceptable.

"That Others May Zoom"

Struts

Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 04:22:17 AM
About my fourth night of my first encampment I had had the second shift of CQ and had just gotten back to sleep from being woken up for my shift and about 45-50 minutes into the next shift my whole flight is woken up by screaming from the front of the barracks, apparently the cadets that myself and another cadet had woken up for there shift could not get the cadet for the shift after theres to wake up or even acknowledge them, so for some reason the cadets that I had woken up put tabasco in his eyes.....My flight Sgt comes in and takes him out of the room and he quickly speaks with everyone up our chain of command to try and see if he would be dismissed. Ended up not being dismissed but had to apologize and do something else that i can not recall. But this is one of my funniest CAP memories to look back on that wasn't funny at the time when the guy was crying tabasco.

That would get you into so much trouble inside and outside of CAP. I can't even think of what the SMs I know would do to you for that. BTW where were the SMs?

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cashboy on May 14, 2012, 08:03:24 PM
About my fourth night of my first encampment I had had the second shift of CQ and had just gotten back to sleep from being woken up for my shift and about 45-50 minutes into the next shift my whole flight is woken up by screaming from the front of the barracks, apparently the cadets that myself and another cadet had woken up for there shift could not get the cadet for the shift after theres to wake up or even acknowledge them, so for some reason the cadets that I had woken up put tabasco in his eyes.....My flight Sgt comes in and takes him out of the room and he quickly speaks with everyone up our chain of command to try and see if he would be dismissed. Ended up not being dismissed but had to apologize and do something else that i can not recall. But this is one of my funniest CAP memories to look back on that wasn't funny at the time when the guy was crying tabasco.

That would get you into so much trouble inside and outside of CAP. I can't even think of what the SMs I know would do to you for that. BTW where were the SMs?
at my encampment, I saw 3 SMs after lights out. 2 where at the showers, and one was the medical officer. And that was all week.

In short, they were sleeping.

Why did he have MREs?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Struts

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 14, 2012, 08:17:15 PM

at my encampment, I saw 3 SMs after lights out. 2 where at the showers, and one was the medical officer. And that was all week.

The flight sergeant should have sent that up the chain...

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cashboy on May 14, 2012, 08:30:06 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 14, 2012, 08:17:15 PM

The flight sergeant should have sent that up the chain...
According to the story he did.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

ck4

He did send him up the chain and he didn't get dismissed. We had done a LRC at the base we were at that day and had been given MRE's for lunch and I guess he saved the tobasco sauce.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

PA Guy

Dumb, stupid prank worthy of dismissal.  I don't believe I would have told that.

ck4

I wasn't the one that did it? Yea it was stupid and immature of him. But since then the person that pulled the prank has left cap and everyone else involved gets a kick out of it.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Eclipse

Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 10:00:51 PM
I wasn't the one that did it? Yea it was stupid and immature of him. But since then the person that pulled the prank has left cap and everyone else involved gets a kick out of it.

You're missing the point - this was a dumb, dangerous thing to do and could have seriously injured a fellow cadet.  Take the lesson and
don't treat it as if it was "funny" - it wasn't.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on May 14, 2012, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 10:00:51 PM

You're missing the point - this was a dumb, dangerous thing to do and could have seriously injured a fellow cadet.  Take the lesson and
don't treat it as if it was "funny" - it wasn't.

Ergo, don't repeat the story as if it were funny. That's one best left to rot away, out of sight and out of mind.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Heh.. well, in a couple weeks, I know that if I see MRE's, I'm going to ask for the Tobasco packets to be collected, spent or not, and audited ;-)

I don't want my staff to have to deal that ... ever... now that it's out in the wild ;-)

LOL

MSG Mac

Quote from: ck4 on May 14, 2012, 12:51:47 PM
It won't blind you. He saw it on "Surviving the cut:Ranger School" he barely put any in there it just freaked him out when he woke up he was back to normal in 10 minutes and even pulled his CQ.

I didn't realize we had a Board Certified Opthamologist among our cadets. Seeing something on TV doesn't justify a criminal act on and by our members.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member