Main Menu

Encampment stories

Started by Kal, March 28, 2008, 12:24:31 AM

Struts

Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on May 09, 2012, 01:25:04 AM
      My most fave memory EVER was a girl named Conception. She had such a beautiful voice. About the 5th night there, she sang a song for Foxtrot. Nonetheless, EVERYONE was crying, even the flight commander and flight sergeant. I wish I could relive that encampment! :P

That would be something to see... An encampment flight sergeant and flight comander crying.  :D

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cashboy on May 09, 2012, 10:31:36 AM
Quote from: MilitaryGirlClair on May 09, 2012, 01:25:04 AM
      My most fave memory EVER was a girl named Conception. She had such a beautiful voice. About the 5th night there, she sang a song for Foxtrot. Nonetheless, EVERYONE was crying, even the flight commander and flight sergeant. I wish I could relive that encampment! :P

That would be something to see... An encampment flight sergeant and flight comander crying.  :D
Common knowledge: Line staff are soulless monsters that are out to destroy your life.  >:D >:D

Kidding.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PHall

Quote from: Brad on May 09, 2012, 09:53:57 AM
Parris Island. 'nuff said. Too many stories to count.

Uh Brad, we're talking CADET Encampment here, not your "I was stupid and raised my hand and signed the papers and this is what I got." trip to the Island. ;)

Perez

My basic year at encampment the exec staff hid in our room. It's about a minute after lights out, and we start to hear what sounds like a horse neighing, along with some other more immature sounds. We immediately all looked over at "that" cadet and tell him to shush. After a while, it kept on going, and we realized it was none of us. So someone gets out of bed to examine the locker where the sound's coming from. The cadet tugs on the handle a few times and then whispers, "it's jammed shut!." Just then two line staff members explode out of the lockers and tell us to go back to bed. We get back in out racks, and a few minutes later we hear sound effects from the original mario game coming from a trash can. A couple seconds later it topples over and someone else runs out.

Needless to say, we were pleased when we were presented with the "most interesting after dark conversation" award.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

bflynn

Quote from: PHall on May 09, 2012, 04:26:30 PM

Uh Brad, we're talking CADET Encampment here, not your "I was stupid and raised my hand and signed the papers and this is what I got." trip to the Island. ;)

Different methods used because of the different maturity levels of the participants, but it's the same basic recipe...even though everyone will immediately jump up and down and yell that it isn't.

Nathan

Quote from: bflynn on May 09, 2012, 06:10:39 PM

Different methods used because of the different maturity levels of the participants, but it's the same basic recipe...even though everyone will immediately jump up and down and yell that it isn't.

Do you have to take everything seriously?
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Майор Хаткевич

I've seen many 18+ mature cadets and have run into plenty of 18+ idiot sailors, marines, etc.

SarDragon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 09, 2012, 11:38:24 PM

I've seen many 18+ mature cadets and have run into plenty of 18+ idiot sailors Sailors, marines Marines, etc.

FTFY!

As for differences in the two events, I've attended both, and there are many more differences than similarities. The recipe is not the same.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bflynn

Quote from: Nathan on May 09, 2012, 07:20:57 PM

Not at all - but I am in nature a serious and analytical person. 

I have been known from time to time to howl at the moon, but it's few and far between. 

Do you really want to have a discussion about me?

Brad

Quote from: bflynn on May 10, 2012, 01:49:00 AM
Quote from: Nathan on May 09, 2012, 07:20:57 PM

Not at all - but I am in nature a serious and analytical person. 

I have been known from time to time to howl at the moon, but it's few and far between. 

Do you really want to have a discussion about me?

LOL! Perhaps I should have clarified...SCWG had an Encampment at Parris Island last year.

As for me, I am medically d/q'ed from the service for sleepwalking. Did about a month of NROTC before it came up. :( Part of the reason I joined CAP, gives me a sense of making good on my oath with what I have.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Struts

So back to the thread. Any really funny current stories? Sleepwalking basics? Sleepwalking staff?  :)

titanII

I recently heard that a certain staff member got locked out of his room at night, and had to spend the night sleeping in a corner of the bay, curled up in his poncho.  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk

Struts

Quote from: titanII on May 11, 2012, 07:30:08 PM
I recently heard that a certain staff member got locked out of his room at night, and had to spend the night sleeping in a corner of the bay, curled up in his poncho.  ;D

:o ;D :clap: So many mixed emotions. But so funny. At my encampment up at Norwich we had to have our doors open all the time except when e were changing.
One of my encampment memories...We were instructed to bring fans and the people who brought them put them in their open windows. Alpha flight across the hall from me had one of their fans fall out the window. Didn't see that coming a mile away  :P

Perez

Quote from: titanII on May 11, 2012, 07:30:08 PM

Hmm... Something very similar happened to me during Sea Cadet alert night... Except I just crashed in another staff member's room after a while. He walks in, sees me lying in his chair, and then goes to bed.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

Brad

Quote from: Cashboy on May 11, 2012, 07:01:54 PM
So back to the thread. Any really funny current stories? Sleepwalking basics? Sleepwalking staff?  :)

Sleepwalking TAC, guilty as charged. Firewatch woke me up halfway down the squadbay, "Sir, what are you doing?" I quickly came to, realized what happened and did my best to play it off, "Uhhhh, going to the bathroom." "Ok sir, well hurry up."
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Struts

Speaking of squadbays...kind of  :). How many encampments use squad bays and how many use dorms?

PHall

CAWG has been in "squad bays" for a number of years. Pretty much all that is available from the California National Guard and the Marines anymore.

Spaceman3750

ILWG summer uses dorms but was in bays before they changed bases.

I think ILWG spring is open bay.

ck4

About my fourth night of my first encampment I had had the second shift of CQ and had just gotten back to sleep from being woken up for my shift and about 45-50 minutes into the next shift my whole flight is woken up by screaming from the front of the barracks, apparently the cadets that myself and another cadet had woken up for there shift could not get the cadet for the shift after theres to wake up or even acknowledge them, so for some reason the cadets that I had woken up put tabasco in his eyes.....My flight Sgt comes in and takes him out of the room and he quickly speaks with everyone up our chain of command to try and see if he would be dismissed. Ended up not being dismissed but had to apologize and do something else that i can not recall. But this is one of my funniest CAP memories to look back on that wasn't funny at the time when the guy was crying tabasco.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
SER-MS-099 Eagle Composite Squadron
MS/AL Joint Encampment, Alpha Flight 2011
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Extremepredjudice

What. The.

That is like... And how did he get tabasco sauce in the first place?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"