Creed for Ground Teams

Started by GTCommando, September 22, 2010, 07:09:01 PM

sarmed1

In my personal experience it all depends on the incident: its size, nature and really how well and if the participating agencies have ever worked together (and if they have worked well in the past)

I have seen incidents where no one wants to work together and there are 4 mini incidents all going a the same time and I have seen it all fall into place like ICS claims it will.....

mk

PS I am not sure where this turned into a Ranger discussion either; but hey thanks for sticking to the predictable downfall of all CAPTALK threads.  If someone could just throw in some good beret, ABU, and special badge requirements and perhaps a nazi and firearm and red lights/siren reference we will have hit all the killers.....
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

GTCommando

Talk about drifting off topic! Oh well. With all these replies, I never knew I would be so popular.  :o ;D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

caphornbuckle

Quote from: GTCommando on October 02, 2010, 03:08:49 AM
Talk about drifting off topic! Oh well. With all these replies, I never knew I would be so popular.  :o ;D

Ya it has kinda gotten away from the Creed question.  Has anyone made up a decent one on here yet?
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

SarDragon

More importantly, IMHO, have we even established a real need for a creed in the first place?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

caphornbuckle

Quote from: SarDragon on October 02, 2010, 04:18:42 AM
More importantly, IMHO, have we even established a real need for a creed in the first place?

Maybe not a real need for one but it would be something to help answer the question asked.  Figured we might try to salvage the original post.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

N Harmon

Quote from: SarDragon on October 02, 2010, 04:18:42 AM

It'd be nice to have something to put on GSAR coins that was consistent.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

cap235629

have we established a need for a "GSAR Coin"???????
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Johnny Yuma

CAP GROUND TEAMS: If you die, We're splitting up your gear...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

ZigZag911

Quote from: CommGeek on October 01, 2010, 05:24:03 PM
What does ICS have to do with Rangers

Not much, since "Ranger" in CAP is a limited term used only within certain wings & training programs.

Our ES qualifications in this field are GBD, GTL, GTM 1/2/3, UDF...no Rangers, Lone or otherwise!

Capt Ford

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on October 03, 2010, 02:37:36 PM
CAP GROUND TEAMS: If you die, We're splitting up your gear...

Nice  :clap:
JOHN E FORD, Capt, CAP
Assistant Administration Officer
Florida Wing

Angus

Quote from: ZigZag911 on October 03, 2010, 04:59:39 PM

Not much, since "Ranger" in CAP is a limited term used only within certain wings & training programs.

Our ES qualifications in this field are GBD, GTL, GTM 1/2/3, UDF...no Rangers, Lone or otherwise!

I hate to disagree but I will any way.  We do have "Lone Rangers"  it's the entire ES Program in PAWG.   :P
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

nesagsar

ZigZag911

Quote from: Flint on October 22, 2010, 04:30:14 PM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on October 03, 2010, 04:59:39 PM

I hate to disagree but I will any way.  We do have "Lone Rangers"  it's the entire ES Program in PAWG.   :P

Granted, but it is not a nation wide term used in official documents to designate ground team personnel.

It is, putting the best spin on it, a 'historical heritage' term within CAP...some programs and wings have used it, admittedly, for decades.

Don't care for it myself...I think there are forest rangers, Texas Rangers (LEO), Texas Rangers (MLB team who just trounced my beloved Yankees!) and US Army Rangers...none of which seem to have the remotest connection to what CAP does in ES GT area.

I suppose it entices cadets (and others who are still young at heart!) into participating.

I still don't like it, but to each their own!

SitRep

There is reasons why we called them Hard Core CAP Ninja Rangers, Please guys... do your mission, then RTB.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wright Brothers:650
Mitchell:53169
Earhart:13158

Smithsonia

There is already a CAP SAR Creed. I've seen it attributed to a several different people: Reed Landis, John Curry, and perhaps Gill Robb Wilson.

It comes from the day when we did more searches and first written down in 1944. It states;

"To find the lost and the dead - so - they are lost no more."
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

davidsinn

Quote from: Smithsonia on March 23, 2011, 02:30:01 AM
There is already a CAP SAR Creed. I've seen it attributed to a several different people: Reed Landis, John Curry, and perhaps Gill Robb Wilson.

It comes from the day when we did more searches and first written down in 1944. It states;

I like it. Simple and eloquent. Should fit on a coin ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

manfredvonrichthofen

More of a motto than a creed, though, I like it. Keep it.

N Harmon

Quote from: Smithsonia on March 23, 2011, 02:30:01 AM

I like it. Though I would take out "and the dead", because we don't really search for the dead.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

manfredvonrichthofen

CAP has done quite a few cadaver searches. I have been on one... CAP will search for pretty much anything that is lost. The SAR motto is good, still not a creed, but inreally do like it and it actually makes sense.

MSgt Van

Gonna be hard to summarize all this on a tattoo...