New Senior Member-----HELP!!!

Started by PWK-GT, June 15, 2005, 05:53:46 AM

abysmal

Interesting how the same subject keeps coming up......
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Camas

Some thoughts on some questions submitted in this forum. 

I'm not an AE expert but I believe the Yeager test is now available on line which makes it far easier to take than it used to.  If you pass the test the system should generate a certificate in which case a copy should be submitted to your wing DAE.  He or she then submits a CAPF 127 to National and you can then check e-services to ensure you've been given credit for the award.  Resources for the Yeager Award can be found in CAPP 215, CAPR 280-2 and CAPP 15.

The issue of Level 1/CPPT has been well answered.  I would only add that the CAPF 11 should be either emailed or forwarded via snailmail to HQ CAP/ETP upon completion for proper credit.  Again, the e-services can be checked for proper documentation.  Important  - make very sure you have a copy of that CAPF 11 for your own personal files.  Be sure to have both the students and instructor's signature on it.

In response to the question on PDR's or professional development reports; those are forwarded to each unit every other month in January, March, May and so on.  Your squadron should have those on hand.  Consult CAPR 50-17 on how to work with those reports; it's very throughly explained. 

Hope this helps.

BlueLakes1

Yes, the Yeager test is online, although you have to do a little bit of digging to get to it. To get there, go into member services (http://level2.cap.gov), then on the left side toolbar click Programs, then Aerospace Education, then Aerospace Education Senior Member Program. From there, it's self explanatory. Don't try to access it thru the e-services "online exams" link, you won't find it there. But, you will find "Aerospace, the Journey of Flight" there. That's the AE book that the Yeager test is taken from, and it's online. No need to buy it from CAPMart now.

Or...try this link. Finally got it to work.

http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/programs/aerospace_education/aerospace_education_senior_member_program/
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

Lt Oliv

Quote from: Camas on June 21, 2005, 06:38:04 AM
Some thoughts on some questions submitted in this forum. 

I'm not an AE expert but I believe the Yeager test is now available on line which makes it far easier to take than it used to.  If you pass the test the system should generate a certificate in which case a copy should be submitted to your wing DAE.  He or she then submits a CAPF 127 to National and you can then check e-services to ensure you've been given credit for the award.  Resources for the Yeager Award can be found in CAPP 215, CAPR 280-2 and CAPP 15.

The issue of Level 1/CPPT has been well answered.  I would only add that the CAPF 11 should be either emailed or forwarded via snailmail to HQ CAP/ETP upon completion for proper credit.  Again, the e-services can be checked for proper documentation.  Important  - make very sure you have a copy of that CAPF 11 for your own personal files.  Be sure to have both the students and instructor's signature on it.

In response to the question on PDR's or professional development reports; those are forwarded to each unit every other month in January, March, May and so on.  Your squadron should have those on hand.  Consult CAPR 50-17 on how to work with those reports; it's very throughly explained. 

Hope this helps.

Once you pass the Yeager test online, eServices automatically updates to reflect your award.  You only have to go through the Wing DAE if you take the paper test, in which case results are submitted to NHQ.  The online test goes straight there and your record is updated automatically and immediately.

EMT-83

Quote from: Ollie on July 06, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
Once you pass the Yeager test online, eServices automatically updates to reflect your award.  You only have to go through the Wing DAE if you take the paper test, in which case results are submitted to NHQ.  The online test goes straight there and your record is updated automatically and immediately.

Hopefully, in the 4 years that have passed, this has happened.

Eclipse

Quote from: Camas on June 21, 2005, 06:38:04 AM
In response to the question on PDR's or professional development reports; those are forwarded to each unit every other month in January, March, May and so on.  Your squadron should have those on hand.  Consult CAPR 50-17 on how to work with those reports; it's very thoroughly explained. 

NHQ hasn't sent reports out in any form for years.

Similar reports are available via eServices.

The Yeager certificate is available to be printed (if desired), immediately after you pass.  Some Wings will still print a large-format one, some don't anymore.

"That Others May Zoom"

PWK-GT

As the OP, I have to look back.....4 years later........and laugh at this. My solution came by......wait for it........xferring to a more hi-speed unit.

Sometimes the solution is right there in front of you  :D

Thanks to those original replies....it sure helped!
"Is it Friday yet"

SarDragon

And folks, I think we have a new bump record! Four years, fifteen days.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Lt Oliv

I'm quite proud of this bump, actually.

Tell you guys the truth, I felt compelled to bump it because someone in my squadron didn't read the dates when he read this thread, and walked away thinking he had to catch our PDO to take the Yeager Test. 

Heck, I had to search the forum just to find what in the heck he was talking about!  Since I didn't see it anywhere else, I figured I'd bring some closure to this otherwise dead issue. 

And in the process, claim my "bump" award.  :)

SarDragon

Good for you, and thanks for the added extra effort.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Lt Oliv

Whoa....effort? I didn't mean to exert effort. 

Honest, I didn't! Please don't make me Group Commander!