CAP Health Services Yahoo Board in Back Up

Started by RNOfficer, July 15, 2016, 12:46:46 AM

grunt82abn

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with the report but it's quite silly to blame me for reporting it or to conclude that I lack respect for emergency medical responders.
[/quote]

It is not a report, it's a news article that some ignorant journalist wrote for the web, and tried to twist the story to meet whatever agenda they were trying to push. It's a garbage article at best >:( >:( >:(
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

stillamarine

Quote from: RNOfficer on July 21, 2016, 02:49:06 AM

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with the report but it's quite silly to blame me for reporting it or to conclude that I lack respect for emergency medical responders.

I'm not disagreeing with any report. I'm saying you are a complete A**. You have such a low view of first responders like they are something you stepped in and need to be scrapped off your high and mighty shoe. You are the kind of RN that first responders hate to do hand off to. Most RNs have no idea how to deal with situations in the field. There are procedures in the field that medics perform daily that an RN may never perform. Nor do they have to deal with the stress of trying to save a life in a hazardous environment. In a major disaster how many RNs and MDs do you think are on the scene? I'll give you a hint, it's a number that resembles a goose egg. I don't know what kinda EMT work you did, but you apparently had a cush job. Forgot where you came from.

Also at least in the four states I've been a FF in, NO Medics are taught extrication in school. This is a FF task. Now, some medics do get taught but that's because they are dual hatted.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

grunt82abn

Quote from: stillamarine on July 21, 2016, 07:27:59 PM

I'm not disagreeing with any report. I'm saying you are a complete A**. You have such a low view of first responders like they are something you stepped in and need to be scrapped off your high and mighty shoe. You are the kind of RN that first responders hate to do hand off to. Most RNs have no idea how to deal with situations in the field. There are procedures in the field that medics perform daily that an RN may never perform. Nor do they have to deal with the stress of trying to save a life in a hazardous environment. In a major disaster how many RNs and MDs do you think are on the scene? I'll give you a hint, it's a number that resembles a goose egg. I don't know what kinda EMT work you did, but you apparently had a cush job. Forgot where you came from.

Also at least in the four states I've been a FF in, NO Medics are taught extrication in school. This is a FF task. Now, some medics do get taught but that's because they are dual hatted.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I started to write along these lines, but after the heck of a day I was having dealing with what you just stated about ERN's, I went the other route. Thank God I am on the Truck tomorrow and just get to be a roof rat  ;D ;D ;D
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Pace

What part of take it to PM did you not understand? Leave the personal issues out of the threads. Last warning.
Lt Col, CAP

stillamarine

Quote from: Pace on July 21, 2016, 08:16:03 PM
What part of take it to PM did you not understand? Leave the personal issues out of the threads. Last warning.

Pace, I respect where you are going with that. I'm done. I just want to point out one thing, the original poster is the one that attacked a profession with his demeaning remarks. I was only defending that profession. I felt that it was relevant due to his bringing the profession into the discussion in the first place.

So I apologize to you, and the rest of the board. Well minus one.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RNOfficer

Quote from: stillamarine on July 21, 2016, 07:27:59 PM

I wouldn't respond to such a silly post.

THRAWN

All this over a Yahoo group? It is rare that I am ashamed of my CAP peers but seriously?!!?

Pace lock it or I will start swearing to force it. Clowns.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

LSThiker

Can we stop the male anatomy measuring now?