Main Menu

dues dropped?

Started by coudano, December 14, 2011, 06:31:31 PM

coudano

I just got a membership application kicked back from national hq because the dues check was written for $40,

but dues are now only $35.00

They had been $40 for "years" ?

wierd.
I don't remember seeing a memo on this either, eh?

Can't really complain about the price dropping.  It looks like nationwide cadet dues all went down (every wing).

and while i'm at it, i'll just gripe a little bit,
but the commander's signature in the proof of identity section is kind of annoying too,
i doinked that one a while back, I did verify the identity and I did check the box,
just failed to "sign" in that section (did sign in the bottom as usual)
**ergh**
I suppose over time will acclimate to the new procedure,
but it's kind of annoying in the mean time.

Eclipse

Perhaps your wing dropped their portion?

"That Others May Zoom"

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

a2capt

$35 is the only number I know for cadets.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: coudano on December 14, 2011, 06:31:31 PM
but the commander's signature in the proof of identity section is kind of annoying too,
i doinked that one a while back, I did verify the identity and I did check the box,
**ergh**

This +20.  I've sent in a few without the signature, some with the signature on the wrong line in that block. 

In all honesty, I don't know why we collect half the information we do, especially on the cadet applications.  Is it that important that CAP Inc has the blood type, current school, height, weight, school, grade, or even the residency information? It just seems that we're gathering information just for the sake of gathering information.

Oh, and for my wing, it's $30.00 for cadets.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

According to this: http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/membership_dues.cfm

6 wings had a change in dues.

36 wings have cadet dues at less than $35.

"That Others May Zoom"

Brad

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 14, 2011, 07:06:50 PM
Quote from: coudano on December 14, 2011, 06:31:31 PM
**ergh**

This +20.  I've sent in a few without the signature, some with the signature on the wrong line in that block. 

In all honesty, I don't know why we collect half the information we do, especially on the cadet applications.  Is it that important that CAP Inc has the blood type, current school, height, weight, school, grade, or even the residency information? It just seems that we're gathering information just for the sake of gathering information.

Oh, and for my wing, it's $30.00 for cadets.

Well I can see why it could be different. Suppose Squadron or Wing "X" permits the Admin/Pers officer to sign the bottom line that says "To be completed by commander or designated representative." (Emphasis mine) It still falls on the commander alone to sign the line up top in the identity verification section.

And the demographics and vitals and such...well if there's a school-based squadron out on a CAP activity and something bad happens, then National would of course need to be made aware of which school those cadets are associated with. And blood type....well this would probably be of more use to the squadron who (hopefully) kept a copy of the packet for their records. They would be able to notify EMS // Hospital of blood-type if the cadet was incapacitated and unable to advise.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

Quote from: Brad on December 19, 2011, 02:07:33 AMThey would be able to notify EMS // Hospital of blood-type if the cadet was incapacitated and unable to advise.

EMS is going to type the blood before giving it, they aren't going to assume that an application form or dogtags are correct.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on December 19, 2011, 02:18:04 AM
Quote from: Brad on December 19, 2011, 02:07:33 AMThey would be able to notify EMS // Hospital of blood-type if the cadet was incapacitated and unable to advise.

EMS is going to type the blood before giving it, they aren't going to assume that an application form or dogtags are correct.

I always use UNK to keep someone from getting lazy and getting it wrong... >:D

EMT-83

You've got some pretty advanced EMS folks in your area - typing blood in the field.  :)

Blood type is not required on the application; many cadets don't know it anyways.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 19, 2011, 02:43:07 AM

You've got some pretty advanced EMS folks in your area - typing blood in the field.  :)

Blood type is not required on the application; many cadets don't know it anyways.

Personally I'd rather risk waiting to get to the hospital for blood and risk dying than have them give me the wrong blood type in the field and definitely die.

cap235629

without typing you get O neg.  This isn't rocket science.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SARDOC

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 19, 2011, 02:43:07 AM

Haha...You got there before I did.  Yeah...Blood typing is done in a Lab   :)

Quote from: cap235629 on December 19, 2011, 02:54:08 AM
without typing you get O neg.  This isn't rocket science.

I've seen EMS agencies using items like hetastarch and/or hemostatic agents to stop blood loss and replace volume, and eventually when you reach the ED they might hit you up with O Neg while the type and cross get done.

Sorry for the thread drift...especially since it wasn't about uniforms.

RogueLeader

ED?? That's blood loss, but not leaking from the body.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SARDOC

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 19, 2011, 04:41:34 AM
ED?? That's blood loss, but not leaking from the body.

Emergency Department.  They used to be called Emergency Rooms...but it turns out now most of them fill many rooms making it a department

RogueLeader

Just learned a new term. Where I'm at, people think that Washington is still the president.
  ;) >:D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Brad on December 19, 2011, 02:07:33 AMAnd the demographics and vitals and such...well if there's a school-based squadron out on a CAP activity and something bad happens, then National would of course need to be made aware of which school those cadets are associated with. And blood type....well this would probably be of more use to the squadron who (hopefully) kept a copy of the packet for their records. They would be able to notify EMS // Hospital of blood-type if the cadet was incapacitated and unable to advise.

They wouldn't know from the charter that is at the top of the application?  If it's a school unit, it has a special charter number and NHQ would have the unit information anyway.

I suspect that the information is for membership data and demographic assessment.  However, it appears that it is just for the sake of collecting data, since we don't appear to be doing anything with it that is useful.  As for the proof of residence, I think it should be mentioned that JROTC doesn't care if a kid is here legally or not to enroll, so why would we, as a non-profit?  Seniors? Sure.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

titanII

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 19, 2011, 04:47:20 AM
Where I'm at, people think that Washington is still the president.
Wait, I thought that Adams wasn't going to be inaugurated until January  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk

JeffDG

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 19, 2011, 02:23:42 AM

I always use UNK to keep someone from getting lazy and getting it wrong... >:D
You're obviously not AB Pos

JeffDG

Quote from: titanII on December 19, 2011, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on December 19, 2011, 04:47:20 AM
Where I'm at, people think that Washington is still the president.
Wait, I thought that Adams wasn't going to be inaugurated until January  ;D
That's March, at least as I recall, both of these were Pre-20th Amendment.