What is expected out of a Cadet Commander?

Started by jtk15sc, October 26, 2008, 11:24:40 PM

jtk15sc

What is their job like? Who are they in charge of? Who do they report to?

What if a C/SSgt is appointed CC, do they render a Sir or Ma'am or even a salute?

IceNine

The cadet commander is in command of the cadets, typically they will report to either the Deputy Commander of Cadets or the Squadron Commander.

I assume
Quote from: jtk15sc on October 26, 2008, 11:24:40 PM
What if a C/SSgt is appointed CC, do they render a Sir or Ma'am or even a salute?

The very nondescript "they" you refer to above is subordinates to the cadet commander.  In which case the answer is subordinates are required to render appropriate C&C commensurate with the grade of the commander.

In this instance that is no salute, and the proper greeting is Sgt
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Above all to set the tone and example for the rest of the cadets.

This includes their attitude, level of participation, and personal progression.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

The Cadet Commander is, quite simply, responsible for the Cadet Program in their squadron, as defined by the Deputy Commander for Cadets.

I would take a look at CAPP 52-15, the Cadet Staff Handbook. It is an excellent read, and there are several sample Chains of Command for different squadron sizes. Chances are if you don't have any cadet Officers to be the C/CC, you don't need one. Generally speaking, a C/SSgt should not be more than a Flight Sergeant.

There are also position discriptions for just about every cadet staff position in there, which are very helpful to cadets new to staff.

Link

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jtk15sc on October 26, 2008, 11:24:40 PM

One would hope that this situation would never occur in the first place...but hypothetically...

The Staff Sergeant would be called sergeant, would not recieve a salute in passing - but only when officially reporting or in formation after being given orders.

I would suggest that you take a look at the Cadet Staff Handbook linked above, it is a fantastic resource for cadets.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

notaNCO forever

To be cadet commander you need to sign a legally binding contract that sells your soul to CAP

The sentence above is a lie