Administrative officer

Started by dholt, July 06, 2013, 09:33:45 PM

dholt

I've been working on my SDA for ach. 10. And was wandering what does an administrative officer do in CAP? And how does it benefit CAP? I kinda know what they do, but I'm really stuck on how to put it into words, and how they really help the squadron/cadet program fulfill their mission.

lordmonar

I would suggest you talk to your squadron Admin officer or read the Admin Officer Specialty track Pamphlet.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Find and read the relevant pamphlet for the senior specialty.  That should get you on a good path.

"That Others May Zoom"

coudano

dholt

Yeah. I've done all of that, but I'm still having problems just putting it onto paper. I understand it, I just can't seem to "get the big picture"

SarDragon

Simply put - head paper pusher. But you can't really use that in your SDA.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: Leader and Follower on July 06, 2013, 10:50:01 PM
Yeah. I've done all of that, but I'm still having problems just putting it onto paper. I understand it, I just can't seem to "get the big picture"

The second paragraph on the first page of CAPP 205 gives a very succinct and clear definition of the Admin function.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

And Page two give a list of actual duties (many of them obsolete as the pamphlet effectively predates the internet as most people know it).

"That Others May Zoom"

dholt

I think it'll do. Thanks for your help!

cm42

Instead of concentrating on *what* an admin officer does, think about the *why*. Any monkey can "push paper". What is the value to the organization? What happens with a good admin officer vs. a bad one? Does it matter? If it does, then that's what should be going in the SDA....

coudano

Yep that's the angle I go for when I grade these...

For question B2, what do you think the mission of the squadron is???  How is that affected if nobody does the administrative officer job?

For B3 same,  what do you think the mission of the cadet program is???   What happens to that mission if nobody does the admin officer's job?

Do you have an administrative officer at your squadron?

dholt

I don't believe so. I think my squadron commander just takes over the duties.

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse