Where to buy CAP items?

Started by maurer172, January 02, 2012, 02:17:23 AM

maurer172

I mean actual stores I can buy CAP items at (such as name plates, uniform belts, shirt garters, ribbon moutnting bars, encampment ribbons, AE modules, leadership books, uniform items, etc) not from online though, an actual store. Oh, in new mexico, near rio rancho and ABQ. Thanks in advance!
Embrace The Suck, Unless the Suck is Obviously Wrong

PHall

You can't. It's Vanguard or nothing.

rustyjeeper

I do not beleive there are any other options to online purchase. Possibly a unit in your area would have stock and be willing to sell to you- why not check with another Squadron. Years ago here in MA there was a store that sold the gear but it was shut down and so far as I know Vanguard is the primary source now for CAP supplies

Al Sayre

You can buy generic items such as ribbon bars, belts, shirt garters, and AF uniform items at military clothing sales on almost any base (they may have to order some of the uniform items for you).  CAP specific items like nameplates and ribbons, you're pretty much stuck with Vanguard.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Vanguard is the only source for new CAP-specific items such as ribbons and insignia.

There are several alternate vendors for nameplates, nametapes, and related items (Google is your friend).

Uniforms can be purchased at Vanguard, AAFES, MCSS, your local surplus store and a bunch of places online.

Sizes run pretty much the same in all the services, so if you can find a similiar item to try on from one service in your size,
you're likely OK ordering it as a USAF item and it will fit.  Unless you are in mil-spec shape, count on going one
size up for most clothing items.

For the most part online is your best and probably only option, and don't forget about eBay for everything, including ribbons.

"That Others May Zoom"