When a pilot loses his license - the nasty letter from the FAA

Started by JC004, November 05, 2009, 08:07:40 PM

Airrace

Nick

Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Gunner C

It doesn't strike me as something that would come from a government functionary.  Something about the language and tone just doesn't hit right.  This may be a hoax.

SarDragon

That's a part of the same letter I posted a link to in a different thread.

It's been reported on a variety of sources, and appears to be genuine.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Apparently it was written by a bureaucrat with a bit of a literary flair. Not unheard of.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

N Harmon

QuoteNo application for a new airman certificate shall be accepted from you, nor shall any such certificate be issued to you for a period of one year from the date of service of this Order.

So, in a year they can apply to get their ATP back. I've heard of people getting their license revoked for really serious offenses (ie. drug smuggling) and then getting them back some years later. How long do you predict before these two get theirs back?
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

flynd94

Let's see here.....  In the early 90's a Northwest 727 Crew was fired for all 3 crew members flying while intoxicated.  The Captain ended up serving time in the Federal Prison in Atlanta.  After serving his time, he earned all his certificates back and, was hired into the training department at Northwest.  He eventually went back to the line to fly the 747, his last couple of years before retirement.  He does happen

Everyone deserves a second chance
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

heliodoc

^^^
I agree w/ flynd94

I am sure second chances happen all over...  I imagine there has PLENTY of Screwups in CAP (personnel wise)
that warrant A LOT of watching.  Think they don't get second chances??

Sure, this flight had PLEEENTY of mistakes going on.  There are VERY few A320 drivers here on CAPTALK that appear frequently to help the CAP "community" of professional spinner pilots to assess these unfortunate incident

CAPTalk....... where first time offenses whether intentional or not, are judged by folks who by virtue of being associated by a AF Aux can pass judgement on darn near everyone that makes ANY kind mistake.  Make sure you have your 39-1 with you when you go after these pilots....they may have not been wearing the correct uniform, either ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D >:D >:D >:D

Airrace

Quote from: N Harmon on November 06, 2009, 03:11:21 PM
QuoteNo application for a new airman certificate shall be accepted from you, nor shall any such certificate be issued to you for a period of one year from the date of service of this Order.

So, in a year they can apply to get their ATP back. I've heard of people getting their license revoked for really serious offenses (ie. drug smuggling) and then getting them back some years later. How long do you predict before these two get theirs back?

I have read that they are both appealing the decession.

a2capt

Quote from: flynd94
Everyone deserves a second chance

Join CAP, there's folks in the area that have gotten five chances and still make mockery of their positions and fellow members.

PhotogPilot

Quote from: N Harmon on November 06, 2009, 03:11:21 PM

Unless there has been a change in the FARs, the FAA does not have the power to permanantly revoke a pilot certificate, only revoke for up to one year, at which time the pilot can re-apply, take a new check ride (and written?) and be back in business. If I'm wrong on this, I would welcome correction.

bosshawk

a2: you and I are likely thinking of the same member. :clap:
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Rotorhead

Quote from: heliodoc on November 06, 2009, 05:52:44 PM

CAPTalk....... where first time offenses whether intentional or not, are judged by folks who by virtue of being associated by a AF Aux can pass judgement on darn near everyone that makes ANY kind mistake.

..and also by folks who hold Commercial Pilot certificates (as well as ATPs) and have flown for pay who happen to also be CAP members.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ