What is best water carrier in Aircraft Survival kit?

Started by rsuncloud, August 21, 2015, 12:46:22 AM

rsuncloud

My Goal is to find, develop and distribute world class training that not only meets the letter of the law, but teaches fundamental principles which allow employees to make safer, more economical decisions

SarDragon

Quote from: rsuncloud on August 21, 2015, 12:46:22 AM
how do I carry sufficient water in an airplane?

In a leak-proof container that is convenient to drink from. I use Gatorade bottles. Others use Camelbak style rigs. A couple of quarts is usually enough, since you don't want to be landing to get rid of the processed product.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

av8r

If we're talking water for the survival kit in kept in the back, I like emergency water packets.  This is the same way water is stored in life rafts for long duration.  I've been using water from Mainstay (4.2 oz packets) for years for this purpose.  2 pouches per day = 1 ration for an adult (higher if in very hot climates or you expect high activity).  There are other vendors I've seen too, but don't have personal experience with them (https://survivorind.com/water.html)
Capt Joshua Edwards CAP
MP/MFC/MO/MS/AOBD/UDF
Deputy Commander, Group 2 (San Francisco Bay)
California Wing

Shawn W.

I have a standard size plastic canteen in my flight bag. It fits in there pretty nicely.

Cliff_Chambliss

If you wear a survival vest, baby bottles fit the pockets very well.  Also a Camelback system.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

MAnderson

I always bring a camel back when I fly. I just hang it on the back of the seat and buckle the chest strap. An extra 3 liters of good old H2O

Flying Pig

I was always taught to fly with what I could take with me in the instance that you cant return to the aircraft.  But definitely carry bottles in the back compartment.  But I flew with a camel back if I was doing long searches.  But I drank from water bottles.  Of course...... I didn't drink much.  I have the bladder of a 5 year old on a road trip..