Main Menu

Possible Faker

Started by JK657, February 19, 2014, 11:02:23 PM

JK657

Another possible faker outed on a popular blog. Some of the pics show him in a CAP uniform but in the comments some CAP members say there is no record of him being a member. Thoughts?

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=39855

DrKem

Interesting.  The gentleman also says he has a PhD.  I'd love to see those credentials.

Best,

Allen Kem Fronabarger, PhD, Capt. CAP
(yup, I'm a bona fide) chuckle.
Dr. Kem Fronabarger, Major CAP
SC Wing Director of Professional Development
Certificate of Proficiency, 13 Jul 1964
Amelia Earhart Award #1105, 11 Mar 1966

NIN

Quote from: DrKem on February 20, 2014, 12:26:51 AM
Interesting.  The gentleman also says he has a PhD.  I'd love to see those credentials.

Best,

Allen Kem Fronabarger, PhD, Capt. CAP
(yup, I'm a bona fide) chuckle.

Your last name is "Fronabarger?"

Ok, thats cool.   You win at crazy last names.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

raivo

Quote from: JK657 on February 19, 2014, 11:02:23 PMSome of the pics show him in a CAP uniform but in the comments some CAP members say there is no record of him being a member. Thoughts?

It is beyond my comprehension why someone would fake having CAP rank...

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

LSThiker

The bad part is, his uniform (from what I can see) looks pretty good. 

Unfortunately, it is entirely possible he did earn Lt Col some time ago.  The CAP picture he has is Capt with blue epaulets. 

Garibaldi

Quote from: raivo on February 20, 2014, 01:50:23 AM
Quote from: JK657 on February 19, 2014, 11:02:23 PMSome of the pics show him in a CAP uniform but in the comments some CAP members say there is no record of him being a member. Thoughts?

It is beyond my comprehension why someone would fake having CAP rank...

Aw, I haven't updated my .sig in a while. I just recently promoted to Grand Imperial Potentate High Llama Grand Poobah General First Rank Super Marshall Field Hockey Supervisor Generalissimo in the Civil Combat Air Scouts Patrol. I fly the highly venerated AC-145034 and shot down many Iranian F-16s over the Turkish Desert in the Great War for Constantinople (Formerly Istanbul). Now I know most of you will find my claims spurious and unverifiable but I tell you, it's all true. I have my DoDo Form 24414 to prove it.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

a2capt

Quote from: Garibaldi on February 20, 2014, 03:00:52 AMAw, I haven't updated my .sig in a while.
That's nobody's business but the Ottomans'..

Jaison009

Anybody else notice he is wearing a blue colored nametag in pic 2 with blue CAP insignia with white railroad tracks from "SOS" dated 2011? For those of us who are real members we know the only ones who wear blue and white nametags are cadets. This has been the way it was since WIWAC in 1996.

RogueLeader

There is no record of him in e-services. At least in OpsQuals.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SARDOC

Quote from: Jaison009 on February 20, 2014, 04:16:56 AM
Anybody else notice he is wearing a blue colored nametag in pic 2 with blue CAP insignia with white railroad tracks from "SOS" dated 2011? For those of us who are real members we know the only ones who wear blue and white nametags are cadets. This has been the way it was since WIWAC in 1996.

He's also wearing Blue Epaulets.   He also has Hair in that Picture which leads me to think this picture was taken quite some time ago...probably around the same time that the Senior Members also had Blue Nameplates.  I had a Blue Nameplate and the Maroon epaulets when I first joined as a Senior in 1992

SARDOC

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 20, 2014, 04:24:32 AM
There is no record of him in e-services. At least in OpsQuals.

eServices and Opsquals only show current members.  According to some of the information provided on one of the other sites it appears he "retired" from CAP in 2011. 

Panache

What throws up a red flag for me is him posing in his AF blues with metal Lt. Col. grade insignia on his service coat and US lapels.  His comment was that they were switching between blue, maroon, and gray epaulets so he just "left them off" for the picture.

SARDOC

^^^^ yeah.   I saw that too.  "It was just for the Picture"   Sure it was.

LSThiker

Quote from: Jaison009 on February 20, 2014, 04:16:56 AM

Well the 2011 date is when it was posted to the forum, not necessarily when it was taken.  Remember, we were wearing blue epaulets back in like the late 80s.  We went from metal on the service coat/blue epaulets on shirt to maroon epaulets to gray epaulet all in the late 80s early 90s.  So again, it is possible that at one point in time (not necessarily current or today), he was a CAP Lt Col.  Of course the SOS is probably a fabrication and he really meant SLS or simply another program back then that used SOS or just a complete lie.  So he probably is not a current CAP member, but at least at one point in time he was a member. 

NIN

Not in the db cuz he's CAP special ops. Duh!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

GroundHawg

Quote from: NIN on February 20, 2014, 11:02:59 AM

I always forget about SOCCAP

NIN

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 20, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

<Jedi Mindtrick Wave>
This isn't the squadron you're thinking of
</Jedi Mindtrick Wave>
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 20, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

The black 182's will be by shortly for a reeducation session.