Converting NCO Blues Jacket to Officer's?

Started by superking75, July 18, 2018, 12:11:21 AM

superking75

I apologize if a topic like this already exists; I had some trouble trying to search the forum and couldn't find anything that answered my question.

Background: As implied by the title I'm a cadet officer and have been able to do without a jacket for some time, but as I move up the ranks I'm starting to need one. The only one our squadron had to loan out that fit was of an NCO style without the strips on the shoulders for the shoulder boards.  (And while I'm dedicated to the program, I'd rather test other options before spending $80+)

Question: How do you get a shoulder board applied to an NCO style jacket in a fashion that is presentable, and won't come into question?

Thank you all ahead of time.
C/1st Lt
Cadet of 5 years.

Eclipse

Quote from: superking75 on July 18, 2018, 12:11:21 AM
Question: How do you get a shoulder board applied to an NCO style jacket in a fashion that is presentable, and won't come into question?

Velcro.  Works great.

It's usually best if you sew the softside to the jacket, but not 100% necessary, especially in a pinch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4R7fJ3_d6c

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

For cadet officers the NCO coat works best. Just apply Velcro. Much neater appearance than Velcro on epaulets.