Gray and white NB proposal.

Started by davidsinn, November 11, 2009, 03:13:38 PM

Gunner C

Good call (but I still have mine, tho)  ;D

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: davidsinn on November 11, 2009, 06:42:47 PM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 11, 2009, 06:34:15 PM
while I'm a drafter by trade, my Photoshop skills suck pond water.

Hi twin.  ;D I do mechanical drafting on AutoCAD what's your field and tool of choice.

AutoCAD's been my weapon of choice since Release 10 for DOS. I've done all sorts of drafting and design disciplines; architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, etc. I currently do electrical and P&ID drawings upgrading the capabilities of the space surveillance tracking radars and optics here on Kwajalein.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Mustang

My $0.02:

• Change the tie to black to match the belt
  • Keep the leather A-2, sweater(s), lightweight jacket and overcoat black, switch from the knit-collar Army officer style lightweight jacket to the traditional collar Army enlisted style, as it matches the AF-style jacket more closely. 
  • Authorize a black nylon CWU-45/P-style flight jacket.
  • Change the nametag on the A-2 back to black-on-black.
  • For the whites/grays, specify a military-style black web belt with chrome military-style buckle and tip (this is already available from Vanguard, I believe it's a Navy item.) and the same footwear optionss as for AF-style service dress. Keep civilian belts/shoes for the polo shirt option.
  • For the whites/grays, either specified headgear (i.e., a gray flight cap) is worn or none at all.  I can't stand the sight of people wearing baseball caps (or worse, boonie hats) with a business-style uniform.
  • I'm on the fence regarding pants for the polo shirt to be khaki or gray. Either way, I like the option of BDU pants or similar tactical equivalent (thinking Propper/5.11 civilian tactical pant) for operational (flying/field) wear. I do NOT like the idea of authorizing blue BDU pants with the polo shirt as any color mismatch will be glaringly apparent.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

AirAux

What about black pants for uniformity, cost, and availability instead of gray?

RogueLeader

Notice the "Grey and White" 

I know what you mean, and I was thinking of that my self.  it really would make things simpler as specifying "Black" comapered to "medium grey"
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

Quote from: AirAux on November 12, 2009, 03:47:26 PM
Gray is already in use.

cap235629

how about a standardized medium gray police style uniform pant, a navy blue service dress jacket with gray epaulet sleeves and a navy blue service cap or flight cap with a navy blue tie. Substitute CAP buttons for PD buttons.  Not only would this uniform look great, all components are rack items and wouldn't require special orders
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

Quote from: cap235629 on November 12, 2009, 09:31:20 PM
how about a standardized medium gray police style uniform pant, a navy blue service dress jacket with gray epaulet sleeves and a navy blue service cap or flight cap with a navy blue tie. Substitute CAP buttons for PD buttons.  Not only would this uniform look great, all components are rack items and wouldn't require special orders

1) Your proposal just basically recreates the CSU.

2) CAP fat and fuzzies looking semi-USAF-like is purported to be a sore spot for the USAF (which personally I don't buy).

3) CAP looking like an LEA isn't going to help matters on the Posse Comm side.

"That Others May Zoom"

jacob

Quote from: AirAux on November 12, 2009, 03:47:26 PM

There are many shades of "black" as well - perhaps not as many as there are of "medium grey", but still enough to look non-uniform.

jacob

The USN has a new service dress khaki uniform: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_service_dress_khaki.jpg .  I am unaware if it is just a proposal/test at this point, or if it has been approved.  I'd think we'd want to stay away from anything that too closely resembles that as well.

Eclipse

At some point there are only so many distinct colors and styles of dress, and unless we're going to start wearing Starfleet-style tunics or Imperial Armor, we're going to look like somebody (which, by the way, is kinda the point).

I've always been partial to these:

And even these would be a great fit and already have a flight suit and BDU variant:

As far as the expense, I'd be willing to bet 1/2 the membership already owns one of these, however now the C&D's would come from Paramount and Lucasfilm instead of NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

Seabee219

I have done some work with photoshop but I am not the best at it by any means. I can help and do what I can

JC
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

jacob

Eclipse - that has always been my favorite Starfleet uniform as well!   ;D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

tarheel gumby

Just go back to Pinks with the Red Braid.....Then no Issues with looking like the AF. But I think that the CSU was dumped because the Army went to Blue and White. The Army Dress Green will be gone as of 2014. The Pinks are a Heritage Uniform as well.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

ZigZag911

I agree with those suggesting khakis/suntans.

I could happily continue to live with gray/white. I would like tos ee some sort of optional military-style dress jacket and hat.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: tarheel gumby on November 13, 2009, 04:58:58 AM
Just go back to Pinks with the Red Braid.....Then no Issues with looking like the AF. But I think that the CSU was dumped because the Army went to Blue and White. The Army Dress Green will be gone as of 2014. The Pinks are a Heritage Uniform as well.

I wouldn't say no to Pinks and Greens, especially if a "crush cap" was allowed. :D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: jacob on November 13, 2009, 02:55:09 AM
The USN has a new service dress khaki uniform: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:New_service_dress_khaki.jpg .  I am unaware if it is just a proposal/test at this point, or if it has been approved.  I'd think we'd want to stay away from anything that too closely resembles that as well.

It doesn't really look new, except for the unpleated pockets.  It looks a lot like the tan uniform the USN (and USCG) wore during WWII.

But, for a flight of fancy, imagine that uniform with a modified version of the mess dress shoulder boards for CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jacob on November 13, 2009, 02:55:09 AM

It's already approved for wear in the navy by officers and CPOs. ADM Mullen regularly wears the khaki service dress.

If you change out the gold Squiddie buttons and replace them with CAP bright finish (preferably satin-finish) silver blouse buttons, add the dark blue sleeve braid and blue bus driver hat, you'd have a distinctive uniform - however, methinks the Squiddies are not going to let CAP hijack their khakis.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

I wouldn't wear it on a dare, and I'm retired Navy.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret