Gray and white NB proposal.

Started by davidsinn, November 11, 2009, 03:13:38 PM

wuzafuzz

Quote from: arajca on November 23, 2009, 03:57:04 AM
Quote from: wuzafuzz on November 23, 2009, 03:10:33 AM
I am not fond of the black coats and prefer the grey if a change must be made.  In the meantime I'll wear the AF blues or the current grey and/or the blazer combo.  Personal preference, that's it.
Part of the issue is availabilty and cost. Black and various shades of dark blue are already available for low to moderate cost. Grey would be a custom item and would have a similar, custom-made (translated: high) price tag.
Understood.   Although I like the grey, it's probable any alternative dress uniform would have to go with a Navy blue jacket.  I was just stating my preference.  All the grief over navy or black jackets is nonsense, it's the same colors as our existing blazer uniform.

Using readily available police and fire type coats would either require some customization or hard rank since their epaulets are partially sewn down.

Grey pants, white shirt, navy blue jacket.  Just tweak the tie, add a hat and dress jacket.  It's relatively cost efficient, uses existing CAP uniform colors, and it allows members to display their CAP bling, unlike the blazer.

Of course all this assumes the CSU really disappears and the AF doesn't permit all CAP members to wear the AF style uniform.  (Some mystics have predicted that will take place in 2012 and actually cause doomsday.  Terrible.   ;-)  )
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

High Speed Low Drag

Just as an aside - There is also a very similar discussion taking place on the "Design a new CAP-distinctive uniform" and "Uniform Supplier of Gray Pants" threads.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"