White Aiguillettes w/ Arnold tips and barrels

Started by Eclipse, July 11, 2008, 04:11:34 PM

Eclipse

Under what circumstance would a CAP cadet be authorized to wear either of these?

In that case would be be for the ceremonial purpose or worn regularly like any other cord?

I don't see this indicated in 39-1, the closet thing I can find is the standard white cord for NCC.

(I know, cord day at good old CT, but the other thread reminded me on this.)

"That Others May Zoom"

Duke Dillio

I've never seen a cadet wear one of these but I have seen a senior wearing something like it.  An old WWII paratrooper with the French or Belgian fouragere (sp?)....  I didn't have the cajones to tell him that he couldn't wear it.  I'm not sure that there are a whole lot of people who would.  The guy could still knock me out and he was in his 70's as I recall....

MIKE

Quote from: Eclipse on July 11, 2008, 04:11:34 PM

Under what circumstance would a CAP cadet be authorized to wear either of these?

None.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

Quote from: MIKE on July 11, 2008, 04:24:12 PM

None.

I agree, I can find no allowance in the regs for the wear of such an item.   I would assume that some "special allowance" would have to be made by national via a policy letter and then inclusion in a applicable regulation at a future time.

To my knowledge, none exits.

At one time "Aides" to the National Commander where photographed wearing a silver cord, even appeared in the Volunteer (I believe).  That, however, was the subject of some debate and never substantiated using documentation.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

In that case would be be for the ceremonial purpose or worn regularly like any other cord?

I don't see this indicated in 39-1, the closet thing I can find is the standard white cord for NCC.

(I know, cord day at good old CT, but the other thread reminded me on this.)

I've only seen those a couple of times while I was active AF. They look nice, but they tend to be expensive, and realy only look good on a service coat. On shirts/blouses, they're kinda overkill.

The first one (single cord) is the style that the "grounded to the shoulder seam" was written about.

SAR-EMT1

None,
Those cords are only worn when serving as an aide to a General Officer.
The single is given to the Company grade "Jr Aide"
The double to the Field Grade "Sr Aide"

Authorized Aides to Officers General
1 star- 2nd lt and a major
2 stars- 1st lt and a lt col
3 stars- capt and a col
4 stars- major and a 1 star (rare)

The President and VP rate a Navy Admiral as an aide de camp
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

lordmonar

Well.....just like any other cord (with the execption of the HG, Color Guard, and CAC cords) these cords could only be worn with wing CC approval.

So....if this was the cord you wanted to wear (I don't know why) then you would submit a request up through the CoC to the Wing CC.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP