Cadet rank on the BDU's parallel to?

Started by xray328, September 16, 2015, 09:22:15 PM

xray328

Resolved

Майор Хаткевич

Mods don't like nuked posts....

As to the question for anyone else who may stumble upon this: parallel to the bottom of the collar, 1" from away, 7/8" away if wearing c/officer grade, assuming the blue field around the white is the correct 1/8".

LSThiker

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 16, 2015, 09:43:54 PM

As to the question for anyone else who may stumble upon this: parallel to the bottom of the collar, 1" from away, 7/8" away if wearing c/officer grade, assuming the blue field around the white is the correct 1/8".

Actually parallel to the front of the collar, not the bottom of the collar.  CAPM 39-1 also describes this as the leading edge of the collar.

In true terms, it is actually called the point length.  The bottom of a collar is the sewn line that runs from the point of the collar around the base of the collar and back to the other point. 

For x-ray, figure A5-5 shows exactly where it is parallel to. 

xray328

Sorry. I posted, then referenced the 39-1 again and saw how obvious the answer was (A 5-5)...didn't want to get thumped.  Some cadets were wearing it parallel to the upper edge, some where using that picture with the yellow  "I-I" (which is the correct way - same as A5-5). 

Eaker Guy

Quote from: xray328 on September 16, 2015, 10:19:53 PM

Sorry. I posted, then referenced the 39-1 again and saw how obvious the answer was (A 5-5)...didn't want to get thumped.  Some cadets were wearing it parallel to the upper edge, some where using that picture with the yellow  "I-I" (which is the correct way - same as A5-5).

Thump  >:D

Had to throw that in there. Sorry.

Capt Thompson

As always, the all powerful 39-1 saves the day.....  ::queue lights and smoke, as the all powerful manual descends from the clouds::

Oh, and Thump :)
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Eaker Guy

Quote from: 1st Lt Thompson on September 17, 2015, 02:01:00 AM
As always, the all powerful 39-1 saves the day.....  ::queue lights and smoke, as the all powerful manual descends from the clouds::

Oh, and Thump :)

Don't forget the ethereal music!  :clap: :clap: :clap: