Anywhere to buy multi-service rack from?

Started by xray328, August 31, 2015, 02:04:12 PM

xray328

Hey guys, the http://www.medals.pl/us/ site is great for building the rack but is there anywhere that sells a premade rack with CAP, Air Force, and Army ribbons together?  Seems like the CAP part of that is tough to find.

Thanks!

LSThiker

Ultrathin can combine CAP and other services together. 

xray328

Perfect, thank you sir!

Pylon

+1 to UltraThin.  You can even build a multi-service ribbon rack online through their Rack Builder and see it before you buy.  They made my Marine Corps + CAP one with no issues whatsoever, and I'm quite happy with it.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

kwe1009

Been using Ultrathin for over 20 years.  Great company.  One word of caution however, if you are new to CAP, you might want to wait until you at least earn the Leadership ribbon.  That normally come pretty fast for active members.  They can make updates to your rack for a small fee but that fee is dependent on where the new ribbon would go.  Since any CAP ribbon would go under any military ribbon, the cost would be higher.

xray328

Thanks for the advice, I'll hold off then.

THRAWN

Cheap and easy is to just DYI. You can get federal ribbons just about anywhere, the racks are inexpensive, the attachments are easy to attach....been assembling my own racks for a long time. Just seems silly to spend money on something that simple.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: THRAWN on August 31, 2015, 06:46:49 PM
Cheap and easy is to just DYI. You can get federal ribbons just about anywhere, the racks are inexpensive, the attachments are easy to attach....been assembling my own racks for a long time. Just seems silly to spend money on something that simple.

Same here.

I buy my own. I've made shadow boxes for others before with ribbon racks and buy it all individually and put it together myself. Easy peasy to pick up some stuff at a local surplus store or gun show.