Found a great eBay seller for uniform items

Started by xray328, July 25, 2015, 02:27:08 PM

xray328

Hey guys just wanted to pass on info for someone I found on eBay. Surplus seems to be hit or miss and this seller was fantastic.

The tailor butchered our daughters pants after charging us $40 and they looked horrible so we were desperate to find a replacement,  with only one day before encampment we thought a skirt was our best option at that point.

We were heading up to Oshkosh yesterday so the night before I thought I'd do an eBay seller search for uniforms along our route. I found one that had exactly what we needed, a female skirt in a size 10.

I contacted her late that night explaining our situation hoping we could swing by on our way up the next morning. She didn't get my message until we arrived at Oshkosh but said local pickup was fine. I emailed her back hoping we could catch her on the way home. My phone died of course so I didn't get her reply until late that night. She had emailed me her address and I didn't get the message until around 8pm..now of course I'm thinking it's too late as it is, let alone that it'd be 11pm before we could even get there. Figured I'd email her anyway but I told her I was sorry I missed her message and how late it would of been by the time we got there.  To my surprise she told me I was still welcome to come by on our way home, I was shocked to say the least.

When we arrived she had several pairs of pants laid out, I guess she misunderstood that we needed a skirt. Without hesitation she ran downstairs and returned with several skirts sizes and a 8 misses pair of pants (Vanguard doesn't even carry misses sizes) which fit her perfect. Everything was in near new condition, and the skirts were still brand new in the package.  I picked up two pants and two skirts size 8 and 10....$40.

Our daughter is  5'3", 103 lbs, athletic build, long legs if that helps someone looking at uniform sizes.

She was over the top nice and went way above and beyond. She said she had a ton of Air Force uniform items. They basically run an eBay military surplus business out of their home. She said if you don't see something on eBay, to please contact her.

Her eBay name is familymanjo here's a link to one of the skirts I originally saw:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121679805456&globalID=EBAY-US

Highly recommend her. She donates 25% to charity as well.

jdh

Thank you for the info, I just ordered a Service Coat and officers conversion kit.

JacobAnn

That is quite a collection of items and all at very reasonable buy it now prices.  Thank you for sharing.

MisterCD

I have purchased a trench coat from them in the past and found them to be a great seller to work with. The initial one was too small, so I sent it back while they swapped it out with the larger coat without any hassle. If only all ebay sellers were this easy to work with!

NIN

I've had very good luck with getting good quality "issue" items (ie. Not mess dress or something) for eBay sellers at a great price.  I outfitted myself with a complete 2nd set of new blues for around $35 (shirt & trousers + flight cap) that way.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.