What's it cost to alter cadet female pants?

Started by xray328, July 18, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

xray328

Hey guys. Anyone ever had their cadets female blues pants altered?  She's 5'3", 103 lbs and I had to buy a 12R to get the correct waist (29) I was told by Vanguard that there is no petite sizing. So while the waist is perfect the hips are huge and look really baggy.  They said if the waist fits then that's the best I'm gonna get and I could have it altered to fit better if I chose.  She has a pair of male pants that fit her much better but they are a little tight in the waist (27R), I asked Vanguard if she could just order the male pants instead and was told her gig line would be off (true?).  Personally I think the male pants look far better on her, but wasn't sure on the gig line issue or if she'd get dinged at encampments/NCSAs.

Assuming we had them altered, any idea on a price?  Hemming the male pants was $12.

Thanks!

abdsp51

Ok, I am seriously doubting that you were ever in the AF.  Alot of your questions in regards to the uniform you would know the answer too if you read the manual.  Seriously your going to ask if she wears a male pair of pants if your daughter's gig line would be off? 

One female cadets can not wear male pants and two if you were AF then you know for fact that her gig line would be off.  I highly encourage you to read CAPM39-1 and go back and review AFI36-2903. 

xray328

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 18, 2015, 02:22:54 PM
Ok, I am seriously doubting that you were ever in the AF.  Alot of your questions in regards to the uniform you would know the answer too if you read the manual.  Seriously your going to ask if she wears a male pair of pants if your daughter's gig line would be off? 

One female cadets can not wear male pants and two if you were AF then you know for fact that her gig line would be off.  I highly encourage you to read CAPM39-1 and go back and review AFI36-2903.

Get up on the wrong side of the bed?  ???

Sorry, I was never a female nor have I ever worn female pants nor do I have any idea about the female uniform top/bottoms and how it would affect the gig line.  PM sent sir.

The DCC told her the male pants would be fine.

abdsp51

Quote from: xray328 on July 18, 2015, 02:38:49 PM

Sorry, I was never a female nor have I ever worn female pants nor do I have any idea about the female uniform top/bottoms and how it would affect the gig line.

Sorry but if you were in the AF and an NCO as you claim you were then knowing how a female should wear her uniform was part of your duties.

You really need to read the manuals on these things and get spun up on whats proper and what's not.  These are suppose to be covered in level I.

xray328

Again the DCC told both her and I the male pants would be fine which seemed odd but given a lack of uniforms and funding wasn't surprising.

xray328

Quote from: abdsp51 on July 18, 2015, 02:48:56 PM

Sorry, I was never a female nor have I ever worn female pants nor do I have any idea about the female uniform top/bottoms and how it would affect the gig line.

Sorry but if you were in the AF and an NCO as you claim you were then knowing how a female should wear her uniform was part of your duties.

You really need to read the manuals on these things and get spun up on whats proper and what's not.  These are suppose to be covered in level I.

Being an NCO (E5) did not require my knowledge about the female gig line, was that covered in Airmen Leadership School somewhere?  Must of missed that day.

abdsp51

Quote from: xray328 on July 18, 2015, 02:53:19 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on July 18, 2015, 02:48:56 PM

Being an NCO (E5) did not require my knowledge about the female gig line, was that covered in Airmen Leadership School somewhere?  Must of missed that day.

Part an NCOs core duties was enforcing standards and regulations.  So yes that did require you to know about the female gig line and if you relied solely on what they taught at ALS then it's a good thing you are out.

abdsp51

Quote from: xray328 on July 18, 2015, 02:50:27 PM
Again the DCC told both her and I the male pants would be fine which seemed odd but given a lack of uniforms and funding wasn't surprising.

The CDC Is wrong go read the manual.

xray328

I don't need anything else from you sir, thank you.

arajca

The male and female gig-lines line up on different sides of the body's centerline. The male gig line is to the person's right of their centerline and the female is to the person's left. A female wearing male pants would not be able to have the gig-line match.

MSG Mac

I hope this flame war is ended!
XRay take the young lady and her pants to a tailor and get it done. Can't be more than $ 10-15.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

xray328

Yep, I'm good here.  Perfectly happy to squash this, never thought I'd get beat up on here for asking a question.  Didn't have to wear blues more than a handful of times, and certainly never paid much attention to the gig line on the female uniform being on the opposite side, thanks for the info though.

214 attached.

http://postimg.org/image/pyc2b23t3/

xray328

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 18, 2015, 03:29:48 PM
I hope this flame war is ended!
XRay take the young lady and her pants to a tailor and get it done. Can't be more than $ 10-15.

You'd think.  Having 5 patches put on and the pockets on the BDU blouse sewn down was $45, $5 per item.

Pace

There is absolutely no reason the original post should have ever been responded to in the fashion that it was. I don't know or care who the anonymous critic is, but you've clearly forgotten your core values.

The question has been answered, so there is no further need of this thread.

*locked*
Lt Col, CAP