Precedence when wearing USAF/Cadet/Senior ribbons

Started by xray328, July 17, 2015, 02:15:21 PM

xray328

Hey guys, I'm prior service AF, just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. 

I would wear USAF ribbons, then Senior Member ribbons, then my highest awarded Cadet ribbon (Mitchell)?

Are you allowed to wear the encampment ribbon earned as a cadet as well? If so does that go with the cadet ribbons? (Are seniors awarded the encampment ribbon?)

I earned the Army Achievement Medal as a result of a joint operation and I was authorized to wear it on the USAF uniform, is it authorized for wear on the CAP uniform as well? 

Is there a rack builder online that I can put all those together on to see what it would look like?  I see ones for USAF, Seniors, and Cadets, but not one that would build all the ribbons together. 

And I do not wear my Air Force specialty badge, correct?  Just the specialty track from CAP?

Thanks!

THRAWN

It's in the book...but here it goes...
1. Yes. See 39-3 Attachment 2
2. Yes. See 39-3 Attachment 2
3. Yes.
4. http://www.medals.pl/us/
5. Depends on the uniform.

Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

xray328

Thanks! 

Do you also wear the solo badge earned as a cadet?

TheSkyHornet

When you say "then," are you going up or down (next higher or next lower)?

11.2.1. Precedence.
The general order of precedence for wear of awards is
1) US Federal Awards,
2) CAP Awards,
3) JROTC/ROTC awards, and
4) Foreign Awards.

11.2.1.1. US Awards.
Federal awards awarded by competent authority may be worn on USAF-style uniforms in accordance with instructions contained in AFI 36-2903.
National Guard awards will not be worn.

11.2.1.2. CAP Awards.
CAP awards will be worn following US federal awards in accordance with the order of precedence set by CAPR 39-3, Award of CAP Medals, Ribbons and
Certificates.

11.2.1.3. JROTC/ROTC Awards.
Three JROTC/ROTC ribbons awarded by military departments may be worn following CAP ribbons (except foreign ribbons) while the member concerned is enrolled in the JROTC/ROTC program. When the member is no longer participating in the JROTC/ROTC program, JROTC/ROTC ribbons will be removed.

11.2.1.4. Foreign Awards.
Foreign awards are so many and so varied, the number and combinations that may be worn will not be prescribed; however, good taste and judgment should prevail.
Only those decorations that have been duly approved by Congress for acceptance and wear by the individual may be worn.
NHQ/DP should be contacted for direction in advance of wearing foreign awards with CAP uniforms.

Air Force (and any other branch in ranking order), then Senior Member, then Cadet ribbons.
The AAM is authorized on the Air Force uniform as a U.S. award.

Encampment ribbons are authorized. It goes with the cadet ribbon if earned as a cadet. Seniors are awarded encampment ribbons as well for leadership over encampment activities. Only the highest cadet award for each milestone is worn (i.e., Spaatz is higher than Curry).

There is no "Air Force Specialty" insignia. You're referring to Occupational Badges, which are authorized on the CAP uniform.

Scroll to Attachment 2 for a list of all CAP awards worn on the uniform.
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R039_003_83459660D4F44.pdf

Scroll to Table 6-5 for a list of approved U.S. military badges
http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/m39_1_chap_6_sec_b.pdf

xray328

There is no "Air Force Specialty" insignia. You're referring to Occupational Badges, which are authorized on the CAP uniform.

I stand corrected...been out too long lol.

lordmonar

Quote from: xray328 on July 17, 2015, 03:02:19 PM

No.....we just called them specialty badges.....even though the are proper called "occupational badges".   Don't let the snooty snooties get to you.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

THRAWN

Quote from: xray328 on July 17, 2015, 02:53:14 PM
Thanks! 

Do you also wear the solo badge earned as a cadet?

If you meet the requirements in 35-6 and 60-1.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: lordmonar on July 17, 2015, 03:11:28 PM
Quote from: xray328 on July 17, 2015, 03:02:19 PM

No.....we just called them specialty badges.....even though the are proper called "occupational badges".   Don't let the snooty snooties get to you.

I stand corrected.