We can Wear ABU's Now

Started by wowcap, November 21, 2013, 02:11:47 AM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: CyBorg on November 24, 2013, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 24, 2013, 05:24:34 PM
With that said, I still see wing patches on blues
Seriously?  I don't recall wing patches ever being authorised for wear on the current-style blues uniform and I haven't seen a wing patch on cadets wearing the "old" blues for probably 10 years.

Are you referring to the services dress coat? Because other than the coat, the blue service uniform has been unchanged for several decades, with the exception to changes in material.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Yes.

Old - four pocket "Tony Nelson"

New - current style
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Shuman 14

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on November 24, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on November 24, 2013, 03:48:20 PM
Seriously, I like it. I'm all for one Corporate uniform for all CAP members.

I'm all for security personnel wearing magenta ripstop short-sleeve uniforms. Granted, I have absolutely no standing to pontificate on the subject, but I am all for it nonetheless.

Well perhaps you should go to: https://cso.asisonline.org/Pages/default.aspx.

It's a forum for law enforcement and security professionals.

They welcome outside viewpoints and ideas. Unlike some forums I visit.  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

a2capt

Take a look at the -current- 39-1, you will see wing patches on Blues. When that was published in 2005, everything in it was correct as stated. By the dawn of 2007, the patch was past it's sunset date. An ICL was in place.

PHall

Quote from: shuman14 on November 24, 2013, 05:38:40 PM

No one's forcing you to be here...   

Or did they already show you the door? :o

Luis R. Ramos

He is like a fly.

We have tried to shoo him away but he does not take the hint!

But no administrator, as far as I have seen, have told him to stay out. That is only some of the rest of us...

;)

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Storm Chaser

I don't think the problem is that you're not welcome here; you certainly are. The problem is that you have lots of opinions and "solutions" about things you know very little about. I'm sure you have plenty of experience in the areas that you're involved with, but not so much in CAP, yet you speak like an expert who knows exactly what's "wrong" and what we need to do to "fix" it. That, obviously, may rub off some the wrong way.

We may have differences of opinion here and our debates can sometimes be intense, but in the end we know that everyone here is an active CAP member, working hard to make things better for CAP. And that's the bottom line; we need people that are willing to work, not just pay a check once a year. That's the challenge, isn't it?

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 24, 2013, 06:33:38 PM

I don't think the problem is that you're not welcome here; you certainly are. The problem is that you have lots of opinions and "solutions" about things you know very little about. I'm sure you have plenty of experience in the areas that you're involved with, but not so much in CAP, yet you speak like an expert who knows exactly what's "wrong" and what we need to do to "fix" it. That, obviously, may rub off some the wrong way.

We may have differences of opinion here and our debates can sometimes be intense, but in the end we know that everyone here is an active CAP member, working hard to make things better for CAP. And that's the bottom line; we need people that are willing to work, not just pay a check once a year. That's the challenge, isn't it?

Well stated.

I guess the point I was trying to make was the same point that Theodore Roosevelt made in a speech in Paris over 103 years ago when he said in pertinent part:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I think most of us would welcome you to step into the arena with us and help us push to improve the program rather than watch from the outside and post opinions as a pastime from the drudgery of your work day.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Garibaldi

Don't judge an organization until you've walked a mile or two in its' shoes.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Shuman 14

Quote from: PHall on November 24, 2013, 06:08:40 PM

No one's forcing you to be here...   

Or did they already show you the door? :o

I have not violated any rule or terms of service of CAPTalk, so I have done nothing to get myself banned or suspended from the forum.

Just because you (and others) don't like my posts and/or suggestions doesn't mean you just get to kick me out.  ;)

I will continue to voice my opinions in a respectful manner, feel free to continue to ignoring them if you like.  ;D
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

Quote from: flyer333555 on November 24, 2013, 06:17:58 PM
He is like a fly.

We have tried to shoo him away but he does not take the hint!

But no administrator, as far as I have seen, have told him to stay out. That is only some of the rest of us...

;)

Flyer

And good day to you as well.  :-*
Joseph J. Clune

Shuman 14

Well sometimes being outside, looking in is a good thing; being "inside" sometimes means being too close to a problem.

Most of my posts are about uniforms as oppose to say ESO, Cadet safety or Aerospace Education (which I really know nothing about) because I wear a uniform and have for over 20 plus years wearing one.

So while I have never worn a CAP or USAF uniform I can make some general observations about them and I can read the various posts here and get a general feel of what CAP members are thinking about their own uniforms.

I then offer some recommendations for discussion.

Not saying I'm right... just offering discussion.
Joseph J. Clune

abdsp51

This is what I and others have been saying for awhile.

Shuman 14

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on November 24, 2013, 07:01:16 PM

Well stated.

I guess the point I was trying to make was the same point that Theodore Roosevelt made in a speech in Paris over 103 years ago when he said in pertinent part:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I think most of us would welcome you to step into the arena with us and help us push to improve the program rather than watch from the outside and post opinions as a pastime from the drudgery of your work day.

And when I have a little more freedom in my schedule, I most likely will.
Joseph J. Clune

Shuman 14

Quote from: abdsp51 on November 24, 2013, 08:10:14 PM

This is what I and others have been saying for awhile.

If I rubbed you (or anyone else for that matter) the wrong way, that was not my intent. If I did, I apologize.
Joseph J. Clune

a2capt

Take it somewhere else. Create a new thread for it.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: shuman14 on November 24, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
Most of my posts are about uniforms as oppose to say ESO, Cadet safety or Aerospace Education (which I really know nothing about) because I wear a uniform and have for over 20 plus years wearing one.

So while I have never worn a CAP or USAF uniform I can make some general observations about them and I can read the various posts here and get a general feel of what CAP members are thinking about their own uniforms.

I then offer some recommendations for discussion.

Not saying I'm right... just offering discussion.

It's not that we don't appreciate your opinions or service, but I'm sure you know that each uniformed service have different views, history, culture and implementation when it comes to the uniform. For example, the Army service dress uniform is "adorned" with insignias in a way you will never see an Air Force uniform. Is the Army wrong? Is the Air Force? Neither is; they're just different and you can't expect to apply the traditions of one to the other.

As someone who has been wearing a CAP and/or USAF uniform for over 26 years, I can tell you that one of the possible reasons we have many more insignias (colors aside) on the CAP uniform than the USAF uniform is probably because of the influence of CAP members from other services. Just look at the reverse American flag on our BDUs (clearly based on the Army uniform, not the Air Force's). Regardless, CAP has a long history of why its uniform is the way it is. Without that history and background, it would very difficult to understand the constant debates about our uniform. Sorry, but the fact that you've worn the Marine Corps, Army or Coast Guard uniforms is irrelevant in CAP and to our discussions.

Perhaps you should spend more time asking questions and learning about CAP so that if you ever decide to change to an active status, you can "hit the ground running" and be a true contributor to our organization. We have plenty of opinions about uniforms from our active members. While you're entitled to your own uniform opinions, they're just not adding anything of value to our discussions.

(edited for grammar)

The CyBorg is destroyed

Except that I must be truthful and say that I, due to some intense family/personal issues going on, am kind of in "limbo" regarding my membership right now.

God willing, after the first of the year, I will be able to be active again, maybe in a different unit, but right now I just have too much on my plate.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

DennisH

As usual I see the welcoming attitudes , the warm regards and the gentle encouragements of some and the childish boys club attitudes in others. If these attitudes are what cadets are exposed to then the program is in more trouble that some have pointed out. Sme folks need to get over themselves and they know who they are.
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Assistant Testing Officer
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

Eclipse

Quote from: DennisH on November 25, 2013, 12:20:55 AM
As usual I see the welcoming attitudes , the warm regards and the gentle encouragements of some and the childish boys club attitudes in others. If these attitudes are what cadets are exposed to then the program is in more trouble that some have pointed out. Sme folks need to get over themselves and they know who they are.

No one has been childish.  If fact present pain, the internet is not somewhere to spend time.
The light of day and straight talk is what cadets should be hearing more in this day of bubble-wrapped kids and PC-laden speech.

Uninformed opinions from people with no skin in the game are not welcome.

"That Others May Zoom"