Community service ribbon: ACTUAL qualifications and proof?

Started by Cadet Mac, February 09, 2013, 03:46:21 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on April 10, 2013, 03:57:56 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on April 10, 2013, 12:32:26 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on April 09, 2013, 02:01:58 AM
Great point. I always thought about going to my active duty rank, Staff Sergeant and just doing staff jobs in CAP Units. The only people who should have officer ranks are actual Unit Commanders and their Deputies.

I often wish I had done just that.  No, I wouldn't promote...but I'd be out of the loop of all this politics, nonsense and Bravo Sierra about promotions.

You could still do it anytime you want. Might be a nice "How do you do?" And ends the discussion for all involved.
That is one of the reasons why I'm a MSgt today and not a Lt Col.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: CyBorg on April 10, 2013, 12:32:26 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on April 09, 2013, 02:01:58 AM
Great point. I always thought about going to my active duty rank, Staff Sergeant and just doing staff jobs in CAP Units. The only people who should have officer ranks are actual Unit Commanders and their Deputies.

I often wish I had done just that.  No, I wouldn't promote...but I'd be out of the loop of all this politics, nonsense and Bravo Sierra about promotions.
Just fill out a CAPF 2 section 1 and 4, attach a copy of your orders to highest NCO grade, your commander signs scans-emails/mails to NHQ, then in a couple of weeks: bam- CAP NCO
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Devil Doc

Really? CAP NCO? Never really thaught of that. Can you buy NCO Ranks in CAP for SM? Hey then that means Cadets dont have to salute you!!
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 10, 2013, 02:55:29 PM
Really? CAP NCO? Never really thaught of that. Can you buy NCO Ranks in CAP for SM? Hey then that means Cadets dont have to salute you!!

You wear the Air Force NCO ranks on the sleeves and CAP cut-outs on the Blues/Whites and CAP embroidered on B/BDU's.  Please note that CAP NCO's start at E-5, regardless that Army/Navy/Marines have NCO's at E-4.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

And there's no CAP "program" - you will remain your rank form the other service permanently unless you are promoted there, regardless
of PD Level / TIG in CAP.

If you're in 10 years wearing stripes and decide you want to be a CAP officer, you start at zero.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 10, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
Please note that CAP NCO's start at E-5, regardless that Army/Navy/Marines have NCO's at E-4.

I'd forgotten that...and I fall short of the requirement. :(
Exiled from GLR-MI-011