If given the choice what would you do?

Wear CAP only mini medals on mess dress
14 (32.6%)
Wear both military and CAP mini medals on mess
29 (67.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: October 18, 2012, 01:36:22 AM

ironputts

I have all of my CAP medals and most of my military on my mess dress. I agree with the "dictator image"and found none of that in last year's National Saff College in my opinion. I enjoy wearing the mess dress to formal events at Wing, Region, and National events. I can see why some may not like to wear it that is why they allow alternate dress. If anything CAP has many options to choose from. I am the one on the left.

Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

Persona non grata

I only wear four mini medals, I think I can wear something like 17 or 18, does not look right and I lean to the left if I wear all of them >:D. Plus I dont see whay we have mini medals for stuff  like the Yeager, membership, recruiting ,and so on.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

VNY

Quote from: eaker.cadet on October 05, 2012, 04:40:02 PM
I only wear four mini medals
I think the "Short Stack" rules for medals say you have to wear at least 5 if you have them.

Pylon

Quote from: VNY on October 05, 2012, 05:43:05 PM
I think the "Short Stack" rules for medals say you have to wear at least 5 if you have them.

I have never seen that written.  Do you happen to have a cite for that?  Not seeing it in CAPM 39-1.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Pylon

For reference, here's an older snapshot of my combined military CAP mini-medals mounted by Ultrathin:  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15008.msg270243#msg270243

Mounted 6-7 (permissible per CAPM 39-1) and with 25% overlap (also permissible per CAPM 39-1)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

abdsp51

For the record I do not wear my mil decs on my shirt and that is by choice the medals would be for those special times where formal wear for membership is the standard. 

VNY

Quote from: Pylon on October 05, 2012, 06:10:04 PM
Quote from: VNY on October 05, 2012, 05:43:05 PM

I have never seen that written.  Do you happen to have a cite for that?  Not seeing it in CAPM 39-1.

I thought it was in 39-3 but now I can't find it either.  So is the minimum "some" or "none'?  I assume like the ribbons on the service coat you have to have at least one on there.