Changing Senior Member Grade Insignias?

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM

RADIOMAN015

As we all know CAP grade worn by adults and teenagers is internal to Civil Air Patrol and has no effect on other military organizations.

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.     The CAP grey should boards would still be utilized but the metal insignia could be changed out. 

As far as the one and two star generals, those stars would also be bright red in color.

This would ensure a very clear differentiation of CAP grade for adults wearing any CAP AF/corporate uniform :angel:
RM     

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Luis R. Ramos

You are joking, right?

CAP grades do not need to be changed. We are a paramilitary organization, and we wear what we can as close as possible to the real items, with the authorization of the US Air Force.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Someone slipped something in your Metamucil.  LSD, perhaps?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
As we all know CAP grade worn by adults and teenagers is internal to Civil Air Patrol and has no effect on other military organizations.

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.     The CAP grey should boards would still be utilized but the metal insignia could be changed out. 

As far as the one and two star generals, those stars would also be bright red in color.

This would ensure a very clear differentiation of CAP grade for adults wearing any CAP AF/corporate uniform :angel:
RM     

You just proved that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is indeed a communist state as I have long stated was my reason for departure from the place of my birth. 
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

The CyBorg is destroyed

He's on his Salvation Army kick again.

The only realistic change I would propose is for us to use AFROTC shoulder marks.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: NIN on September 23, 2012, 02:10:05 PM
Someone slipped something in your Metamucil.  LSD, perhaps?

Forget the LSD... Did you see the purple dragon in the kitchen?!

Al Sayre

Look out your front window dude, the 122nd SOS is inbound on a strike run... 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 23, 2012, 06:59:42 PM
Look out your front window dude, the 122nd SOS is inbound on a strike run...

:angel: :clap: :angel: :clap:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Critical AOA

This might look spiffy on our new ABUs.

Now excuse me while I quickly duck for cover before Al redirects the 122nd.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

wuzafuzz

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.
RM     
You really have a secret desire to be a security guard don't you?  They even have gray uniforms, you'd be in heaven.

http://www.securitas.com/us/en/
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Smokey

RM is at it again.......I am so thankful I'm not his sq cc......he must be a handful.  In fact, who here is up for getting  a fund together for his commander.  The drugs the CC must take to clear the headaches RM causes must be creating one heck of bill.

RM ....WHY do you keep this up...we know you hate CAP having any military connection, because unlike you, we are not REAL military and are just a bunch of country bumpkins.  Your agenda is clear, so why keep coming up with these a$$ine ideas?
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

cap235629

Quote from: wuzafuzz on September 23, 2012, 11:00:33 PM
What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.
RM     
You really have a secret desire to be a security guard don't you?  They even have gray uniforms, you'd be in heaven.

HILARIOUS, but sadly, true....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

AngelWings

Can we just get a lobsterback uniform and be done with it?

Persona non grata

I could swear that the OP is proably a card carrying member of the communist party since he has a a unusal obsession with red  ;D . I would strongly encourage to OP to leave CAP l . I can imagine that the OP lives in a red house, drives a red car, wears red clothes, dates red heads, and only eats red apples.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

RADIOMAN015

RM     

The bright red color on their standard logo does really stands out and leaves no doubt what company you are dealing with.  Again NO DOUBT who you are dealing with.  However, got to admit (looking at the pictures on the website) the grade of employees tends to use the typical military rank color scheme with those sliders either what appears to be black, very dark grey or very dark blue.  I also like the idea of a consistent grey colored pants both dress as well as more of a rugged work type.     

I think a few of our current squadron members might actually have an interest in this company.  A few of our former cadet members work at one of the local shopping malls security forces, so perhaps their cadet training helped them get the job.  Two of current adult members work in security.    BTW there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to or working in private/commercial security, I know two of our senior members currently work in private security and are very good people who will do their very best to perform the security job at hand :clap:
RM     

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

wuzafuzz

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 24, 2012, 01:33:12 AM
RM     

BTW there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to or working in private/commercial security, I know two of our senior members currently work in private security and are very good people who will do their very best to perform the security job at hand :clap:
RM         
Settle down.  No one suggested there is anything wrong with security work.  I worked for Securitas when I needed some extra money. 

It's your red insignia fetish that raises questions. 
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."