White on Blue USAF Skill Badges

Started by jrbigelow, September 05, 2012, 07:38:21 AM

jrbigelow

I spent the last hour or so looking through search and I feel like it HAS to be here, but I must be blind. At any rate... I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find the USAF Force Protection (Security Forces) skill badges in White on Blue for my BDUs?

Thanks in advance,
Jake

SarDragon

They have to be special ordered from one of the companies that do custom work. We don't advertise them publicly on here because of potential IP issues. The folks who know can email or PM you with the info.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jrbigelow

Stonewall

Here's an OLD thread on the topic with some "dead" pictures, but the info is in there.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1891.0
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on September 05, 2012, 07:55:49 AM
They have to be special ordered from one of the companies that do custom work. We don't advertise them publicly on here because of potential IP issues. The folks who know can email or PM you with the info.

What "IP issues" are there in regards to non-CAP insignia?

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2012, 02:17:49 PM

We just don't want any issues because of the color combination. VG might get mad because they are the only one who should be making white on ultramarine. It would just be nice to keep that one under our hats if possible.

Eclipse

Seriously, every time this comes up, do you think NHQ doesn't have Google?

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

For the OP, try   www.thebattlezone      they have many of the Air Force speciality badges available in white on blue.

jeders

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 05, 2012, 02:56:21 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2012, 02:17:49 PM

We just don't want any issues because of the color combination. VG might get mad because they are the only one who should be making white on ultramarine. It would just be nice to keep that one under our hats if possible.

Actually it has nothing to do with the color combo, lots of people make white on UM stuff. It's that some of these sites, though I don't think any mentioned in the thread that UK linked to, also make CAP stuff and haven't been told not to yet.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Stonewall

AF skill badges as well as CIB/EIB badges made by Nametags4u.com are spot on, but their version of jump wings & air assault badges are terrible.  They just don't look anything like the issued ones. They look almost cartoon like.

I used 1800nametapes.com for jump & air assault.
Serving since 1987.

GroundHawg

You can also sometimes find them on ebay. They are the old school USAF ones, but they work at any rate.

Any time we have someone who needs a white on ultramarine badge made, we have them order a couple extra and put them in our squadron supply inventory. We recently had a guy join up who needed Air Assault Wings, and instead of waiting on them being made, we were able to hand him one as soon as he got his CAP ID. I think it meant alot to him.

Garibaldi

Just did my homework by reading 39-1. Why do you need to have white-on-blue badges made when 39-1 says you can wear subdued?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

PHall

Quote from: Garibaldi on September 06, 2012, 01:03:11 AM
Just did my homework by reading 39-1. Why do you need to have white-on-blue badges made when 39-1 says you can wear subdued?

Because mixing full color insignia with subdued looks dumb. It may be legal, but it looks really bad.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on September 06, 2012, 01:08:59 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on September 06, 2012, 01:03:11 AM

Because mixing full color insignia with subdued looks dumb. It may be legal, but it looks really bad.

+1

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

It really does look bad. When I joined back, I wore subdued CIB and AASLT, and it really didn't match at all, and looked kind of unprofessional. As soon as I found out about 1800nametape, I didn't order from anywhere else. Their quality for price is exceptional!

Critical AOA

I realize that the regs allow it but do many CAP folks really wear their awards from the military such as jump or air assault wings, CIB, etc?
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Stonewall

I have always had 2 to 3 sets of CAP BDUs with different set-ups.

1. Observer & Master GTM
2. Observer & Jump Wings
3. Jump Wings & Master GTM

I have a set of Air Assault in white on blue, but they didn't used to be allowed on CAP uniforms so it just ended up on my helmet bag.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on September 06, 2012, 01:21:59 AM
I realize that the regs allow it but do many CAP folks really wear their awards from the military such as jump or air assault wings, CIB, etc?

Yes.  Many, many, properly, and in accordance with regulations.

Some in the most bizarre, crammed-in, "What's your problem?" way.

One of my favorites is the subdued military badge between the nametape and the first CAP badge, followed by the subdued worn as a third badge above the CAP badges.

"That Others May Zoom"

GroundHawg

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on September 06, 2012, 01:21:59 AM

I do, and anyone who has a military badge that is authorized for wear is highly encouraged to wear them in my squadron.

Grumpy

Quote from: PHall on September 05, 2012, 03:42:54 PM
For the OP, try   www.thebattlezone      they have many of the Air Force speciality badges available in white on blue.

Interesting, you click on your link and you go to Vanguard.

Eclipse

Quote from: Grumpy on September 06, 2012, 04:31:45 PM
Quote from: PHall on September 05, 2012, 03:42:54 PM

Interesting, you click on your link and you go to Vanguard.

It just fails for me - the url is incomplete.  Is your browser auto-suggesting / forwarding when a URL fails?

This is the correct URL: http://www.thebattlezone.biz/

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Stonewall

Here's an example of the badges from 1800nametapes.com.

When in doubt, throw those squadron, NCSA, and extra badges on a helmet bag...
Serving since 1987.