Help Uniform Nazis! Navy blue backing on sewn on grade insignia?

Started by wiking18, August 09, 2012, 11:24:40 PM

wiking18

Vanguard has the standard Ultramarine Blue Grade insignia for BDUs,and also in Navy Blue backing.I thought it may be for Mission Base staff,or any Navy Blue Uniform,but haven`t seen it in the `ol 39-1.The Badges,GT,Aviator,Etc are still ultramarine.Any imput commarades?

abdsp51

ßτε

The grade insignia with the navy blue backing is for the dark blue CAP distinctive flight suit and utility uniform, as an option instead of the plastic encased grade insignia. It is not authorized for the CAP Field Uniform, AKA blue BDU.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Angus

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 09, 2012, 11:32:39 PM
The navy blue backing is meant for the blue bdus.

Actualy it's for the Blue Nomex or Bule Utility uniform.  Last I read it wasn't authorized for BBDU. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

SarDragon

Quote from: Angus on August 10, 2012, 12:41:29 PM

Actualy it's for the Blue Nomex or Bule Utility uniform.  Last I read it wasn't authorized for BBDU.

That is correct.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Angus

Quote from: SarDragon on August 10, 2012, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: Angus on August 10, 2012, 12:41:29 PM

That is correct.

I wish it would get authorized.   Forgetting the whole ABU issue, I personally think that going over to the darkk blue background for both of our current unifoms would make them look sharper. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

arajca

It's been submitted by more than one person and sidelined by the NB, along with a host of other uniform ideas, until the Uniform Committee reports out.

Angus

I know, just felt like getting on my soap box for a minute. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Hawk200

Quote from: Angus on August 13, 2012, 12:47:59 PM
I wish it would get authorized.   Forgetting the whole ABU issue, I personally think that going over to the darkk blue background for both of our current unifoms would make them look sharper.
Second. I know the ultramarine comes from the Army side when CAP was under AAC, but I don't think it's really all that fitting for us now.

a2capt

..and the Air Force used it for a while after the split, too.

wiking18

Thank you,did not seem BDU plausible,as no badges have the dark blue backing.Appreciate the help.